Concerning Aria's stage ultra with comparison [Poll]

All stage ultras look better in the trailers, as far as I remember. Hisako’s, Aria’s, even TJ’s. Dunno why they didn’t do them that way. And I specially can’t understand how anyone can like them the way they are now… that fall, ugh. There’s good goofy and bad goofy, and Aria’s stage ultra falls in the latter category. Brings the whole presentation down IMO.

1 Like

Because conflicting opinions exist?

But majority rules!
#The poll hath spoken!

1 Like

By 16%?

Yeah I wouldn’t do it either.

1 Like

Yeah, I guess. WRONG opinions like yours.

Aria’s stage finisher screams “amateur”. From the camera angles to the falling animation playing so fast it looks cartoony and goofy.

(facepalm)

That’s the point.

3 Likes

I’m surprised to see so much resistance to the idea.

Let me just say that I like a little goofy in my KI, I mean I’ve been an Eyedol supporter since before it was cool. My problem with this isn’t that its silly, its just that its not well put together. My problems lye with how it’s constructed, the angles and stuff, the transition from looking upwards to looking downwards is clunky, the premise is genius but it could be done so much better.

I mean just look at the old KI2 knock-offs, they’re goofy as hell but they look great. They’re kinda cinematic, at least as cinematic as they could manage back then. I think that ARIA’s stage ender would look a thousand times better if they just shortened it by maybe three seconds and changed the angle so it follows the opponent down like the classics.

2 Likes

… well, facepalm boy, it shouldn’t. KI has always had its measure of goofy, but it has never been because of crappy camera cuts and bad use of animations. As I mentioned before, Aria’s Stage Ultra just looks goofy because it looks cheap and badly done, not because it looks funny.

But why? What’s the meaning of this kind of comical?

Its like B-movie goofy.

So bad its actually good/funny.

That said, its up to each person if they feel that way about it, no one is wrong here…

1 Like

The first one, it is more KI… faster and more enjoyable!

But being honest, this topic is completely irrelevant! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

I don’t mind the silly angles at all; it’s just how long it takes. It’s especially obnoxious on a Bo3 ranked series online that isn’t the final game, because we have to wait through a 10 second animation before we can get into the next game.

1 Like

Some really good points here and well said too.

Only 61 voters but at least most people agree that it should be fixed/changed. @developers @TempusChaoti

Me personally I like the way the old stage Ultra looks but I also like what they got on the trailer to.

I understand the goofy falling aspect since in KI, you guys have to admit the way the characters fell in KI1 was pretty goofy to. Albeit still satisfying as all hell.

Either way it great.

Problem I don’t want this to wake away of the development for stuff wanted in season4 (if there is one coming)

In this case, it’s so bad it … just looks bad IMO. But yeah, to each their own.

thank you for posting this! I hope the devs are keeping an eye on this.

2 Likes

I hope so too! :grin:

I don’t want to kill the mood, but around 40-45 people voted for the change, in a small unofficial poll. Seems like a VERY small amount of people considerating how much people plays this game.

Definitely not a priority… even for a distant future

It’s unofficial but it’s still people voicing their opinion and many agree with the change.