Compiled List of Big FGC Names Trying KI in S3

He already played it and said that Aria sucks… lmao

yep, it was at the beginning of season 2, people asked him why he left the game and he said KI was a joke as a competitive game. Thing is, people like him and j wong, probably couldn’t stand the fact they were getting bodied by FGC newcomers who started with KI… cuz they played KI like it was SF and it didn’t workout.

1 Like

Damn, that sucks. Eduardo’s always been in my top 5 players, competitively or just personally. His Orchid was kinda weak comparatively, I guess you’re right and him not being used to the system caused some of his “salt”. Good to see he’s coming back, will not be sad to see him go if he calls it a joke again though.

1 Like

He already managed to place top 8 in SFV at Final Round this weekend lol I think he is going to be really good at any fighting game he picks up tbh

1 Like

Everybody heard about Tokido picking up KI seriously, and he’s not a guy known for playing “jokes”, so… there you have it. If Tokido and Xian really put their work in and get top 8 at Evo, american pride will kick in and SF big shots will give KI a serious go. And I’m really glad about it, it’s what the game needs right now to get recognized.

MS is really looking into e-sports now, so a big push in that direction would also mean more money invested on the franchise.

The one guy I’m really happy about is Combofiend, being SF5 community manager I’m really curious to hear his thoughts on KI. I talked with him when he came to Milan for the Italian Capcom pro tour event, a really nice guy.

1 Like

I also tweeted to Gootecks suggesting to do a KI excellent adventure when the game drops on PC, like they did with MX. He liked the idea, but he wanted to learn the game first.

2 Likes

That’s a reasonable argument and all, but it still comes down to how much PR Rog likes the game. I’m just saying, if he can come back to this game and call it a joke now, then

1 Like

hahaha, I’m with you man

Updated the list with a couple more names.

1 Like

KETCHUP is going to play KI XDXD

I tried to mention it to juicebox but uh… he is not a fan lol :frowning:

Cr Sonic Fox is coming.

Man, it’s really going to be fun going up against these guys @ CEO '16.

Can’t wait! :grin:

tokido and xian is this true ??

I don’t expect anyone these people to stay with KI if the turnouts are not super competitive and the prize pots are not as good far as I know very one is gunning for the cap on pro tour to knock out Japan l/Korea.

Yeah they said they would but xian said if he has enough time

Not competitively though only for fun

1 Like

man i haven’t seen justin wong since the S1 days! nice to see him trying S3 and hopes that he might pick up the game again, i loved his S1 wulf.

1 Like

Killer Instinct had some of the biggest prize pots last year of any fighting game leading up to EVO. You’re also forgetting that the more people (entry fees) who play the bigger tournament pots are. With another community fund undoubtedly being announced soon, I’m sure the interest will be sky high especially if the rumors are true about a little something I can’t talk about :slight_smile:

4 Likes

If half of those peeps come to EVO, This year s édition Will be HUGE (not as SFV which Will me put to sleep)