Combo Breaker/Lockout System is making me regret my purchase. Could you please consider adding an option for users like me to combo break the way the original game was setup?

Sometimes some push is needed.

My thing isā€¦why hasnā€™t he replied a lot?

This took a weird turn. I donā€™t think heā€™s trolling. I think heā€™s a nostalgia player, not a FGC fan who bought the game, played a few hours with his bids and then got miffed and came to post on the forums his one and only suggestion for the game. Having not received a positive response he will likely just never visit the forums again.

Itā€™s not a completely insane idea, although he has used some pretty poor reasoning, not very compelling arguments and the very tired ā€œI bought this game soā€¦ā€ Bit.

A troll would be in here answering every reply with some song and dance about how we are all scrubs, or how we arenā€™t real KI fans etc. (see @TEALsTaTiC for what trolling looks like.)

1 Like

Why not rather teach than be pushy. :confused:

It really seems like youve yet to really sit down and learn the game. I dont mean to offend, please do the tutorial mode and combo breaker training. This game takes effort to be good at. Full stop.

1 Like

Iā€™d rather not. Personally OP I tink a bit of practice is all you really need to get the hang of the new mechanics.

Beleive me. Nothing that a little pracrice and Combo Breaker Training mode can help you readjust to the way it works now.

or play shadow lords!!

OP is unfamiliar with the single, absolutely most important fundamental epiphany of fighting games. OP should take the reaction test, confirm that itā€™s impossible to get below ~a quarter of a second (15 frames), look at the startup frames for a bunch of moves, and have a think about what the implications of this information might be.

The rest of us should completely ignore OP until OP indicates an understanding that guessing in fighting games is frequent and inevitable.

EDIT: mind, OP seems to think that the breaker system should be changed to behave like the old KI, where (OPā€™s words not mine) lockouts donā€™t exist and that breaker inputs are special move inputs, so that you can mash out of any combo by mashing said special and alternating strengths. This seems like something @Filemoncio might want to comment on.

Indeed, this is a common misconception: 1994 KI did indeed have lockouts, itā€™s simply that their duration was not shown anywhere. You can try mashing different breakers in a row, and you will see that you canā€™t break inmediately after having guessed wrong the first time.

Also, I canā€™t confirm this but I always felt that 1994 Glacius and Riptor had to charge their breakers? I could swear that if you werenā€™t already pressing back when the opponent started its combo, you couldnā€™t break the first autodouble. Isnā€™t that even more unfair? These characters couldnā€™t break even if you guessed right.

Also, on the ā€œguessingā€ part. In old KI, all autodoubles were faster than in the new one. In the new KI you can break mediums and fierces on reaction. I was never able to break consistently in old KI. The low frame count for animations did not help. I truly guess breaked 100% of the time in old KI, not so in the new one (although Iā€™m still horrible at reacting).

TL;DR the new system is much better. OP implies you can only guess break in the new KI, when the truth is that you always guess breaked in the old one, but now you have the chance to react.

Acually that was te one tign that frustrated the ā– ā– ā– ā–  out of me in the OLD KI games. Much as I love emā€™ to death. EVERYONE had a different combo breaker. On one end this is fine. but on anohter. If you were losing and needed to break a combo that meant life and deathā€¦well youā€™re ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  basically.

I think the OP just needs to relax and get some practice in. Heā€™ll get it soon enough.

Troll? OH! You mean my honest opinions? By that definition, I guess everyone here is a troll.

Game isnā€™t bad, just needs a little work (like many games do).

Flag this reply if you like, it really wonā€™t matter. Itā€™sā€¦just a game.

Besides, the only troll here should be Eyedol.

1 Like

honestly i can see it as a different game mode if they try to implement old KI CB rules, but again would rather play old KI if i wanted the function

I didnā€™t flag your post, because I donā€™t flag posts. But going to the forum and posting ā€œall you will find here are children who defend the game for no reasonā€ is a troll.

Instead of trolling, how about suggesting one good thing about the old combo breaker system. It was obscure, difficult, unbalanced because some characters had difficult charge move breakers while others had DPs and provided no feedback for failure. So, it is great because it is old?