Characters you would NOT bring back for a theoretical KI sequel (Poll)

@DEClimax

Not sure of the breadth of your experience, but i know you dabble in far more FGs than i do. Would it be fair to say that in some other FGs, the dislike of guests could stem from the idea that they take up a legacy character’s potential slot to return? Whereas in KI, since there’s no more legacy characters to add, the dislike comes from seemingly guests in general taking up new concepts and the idea of remix characters?

1 Like

read in another post about the idea of a tournament mode… i love the idea personally​:heart::+1:

i heard battletoads may be coming back… its at rumor stage, but if it happens, get rid of rash and keep everyone else…? i love it…

What I would find interesting is that they replace our 3 Guest Characters with 3 others from the same franchises.
I’m thinking Zitz, Atriox and Skorge.

1 Like

I think it would all depend on the way to do the story I have a couple in my head right now on how they could go. 1. With Gargos being defeated means he would be gone along with Kan Ra, Omen and Aria taking a hiatus to rebuild her new frame with Eyedol becoming the new threat after Glacius gets his technology back he leaves for his home planet. With Aria out of the picture Sadira goes back into the shadows but pops up like Reptile did in MK as a unlockable fighter her and Cinder. You have to keep the core fighters Jago, Orchid,Combo and Wulf some people would say why does Wulf stay I say with the story of the Coven coming forth we all know Werewolves and Vampires are sworn enemies imo they could all leave and comeback at different stages in the game.

At least half the cast has to be removed in order to make a proper sequel so that the series can thrive and grow. Removing 4 or 5 characters isn’t nearly enough when you have a roster of this size. I’d say keep the original KI 1 roster and cherry pick a few of the favorites after that, everyone else gets benched.

I voted for Orchid, Aganos, Sadira, And Thunder.

I guess I’d have to give a few reasons about why but they are mostly plot related and hey it could lead them to have new moves if we do get a new KI

Orchid: After finishing her mission (exposing ultra tech and helping to fight and defeat the shadow lord) Orchid decides to take some time off and spend time with her brother to allow her mental state to slowly heal while learning how to become one with her mind and body.

If she was to come back I can see her having much better use of her fire cat and having a better in Instinct uses for it other than an off-screen projectile (a Jumping fire cat could have some creative mix ups if used right)

Aganos: Aganos has lived to see thing that he couldn’t have dreamed of, he has new fighters in unfamiliar times, Men made of fire, metal and Ice, all because he was a slave to his king from times long past, over time Aganos found himself the astral plane standing before a mad king, Aganos him off with the help of Thunder and the others defeat the shadow lord.

Aganos: Aganos has lived to see thing that he couldn’t have dreamed of, he has new fighters in unfamiliar times, Men made of fire, metal and Ice, all because he was a slave to his king from times long past, over time Aganos found himself the astral plane standing before a mad king, Aganos fights him off with the help of Thunder and the others defeat the shadow lord, over time a feeling of wander lust fills him and he follows this new feeling, however not before giving Kan Ra one last fight.

I don’t see Aganos getting much in new moves (I hate fighting him TBH) But if anything I can see him getting a better stomp as a command move (Light close, Mid fair reach, Heavy full screen, Shadow move has a gamma wave effect, Hulk MVC games), I can also see his Spinning move changing with his club in hand to an over head bash with shadow use.

Sadira : after being defeated by Cinder, and betrayed by ultra tech and the fall of the shadow lord she looked at her assassins and makes an order, to return to the dark shadows away from the world’s light, however she would have to make a pain, to take out Aria to make sure her and her assassin can stay in the dark.

I suck with Sadira so I’ll leave this up to anyone who mains her.

Thunder: Thunder has finally found his brother, after walking the path of Eagle and finding contentment, Thunder helps his brother back home come to terms with his new body, seeing that he is now at one with mother nature and machine world, Thunder offers his brother the title of war chief.

he’s fine the way he is now, so I don’t see him needing a new move other than a small change to is instinct mode, that being having his Dash lose the ability to pass through people and gain armor as he dashes forward, like a bear charging someone.

anyway that… was long sorry for any garmmar errors.

1 Like

Well, you can technically plot out reasons why any character could be in our out of the next KI. Are there reasons why you picked these four in particular? I mean, you said that you’re not good with Sadira and you hate fighting Aganos, but is that why you’d want to leave them on the sidelines? What about Orchid and Thunder?

Orchid is life! KI without her is not KI

I really wish the death of TJ, Cinder, Kilgore and ARIA, for obvious reasons Gargos, Shago, Omen and Eyedol should stay away from the sequel, and to stay in the game first the obvious: Orchid, Jago (protagonists), Maya (deuteragonist), Shin Hisako, Mira & Sadira.

What about Fulgore? I’m pretty sure everybody would say KI game without Fulgore is not KI.

3 Likes

He too, Orchid, Jago and Fulgore are primordial characters for the game, without one of these three, the game is not the same.

1 Like

You want to kick out aganos wtf is wrong with you people o.0

1 Like

Aganos. One of the biggest and most bad*** characters in games. And you want him out. What’s wrong with you lol!

1 Like