Characters you would NOT bring back for a theoretical KI sequel (Poll)

I pissed that they didn’t put Rash on the list. I’d chosen him 4 times in a row. :stuck_out_tongue:

Dang… the hate for Sadira shows! :disappointed_relieved:

I feel like Sadira, Hisako, Aria, Kan-Ra, Gargos and Eagle can go. Their story is completed.

Cinder was sent to eliminate Sadira.
Aria and Gargos are boss characters which have been defeated.
Hisako got her revenge on Aria and had no other purpose in the story.
Eagle should sacrifice himself that Thunder knows that he finally found peace
and Kan-Ra already caused enough trouble!

On the side of characters I definitely want to return are Riptor, Jago and Glacius.

Jago is the posterboy of the game so he needs to stay.
I feel like you can do so much more with Riptor and Glacius.
Can they speak? What other environments can Glacius adapt to?
Is Riptor just a mindless killing machine or does she question her own doings?

Other characters that I think should stay are Maya, Mira, Kim Wu and Sabrewulf.
I don’t even play Maya, Mira and Kim Wu and find them boring but they have story potential.

Kim Wu was supposed the chosen one or something like that. Yet in the game, she was just there. Maybe she wasn’t supposed to defeat Gargos but another greater evil.
Will Maya be able to rebuild the night guard? What will happen between Maya and Mira? Will they kill each other or will they be able to see each other as sisters or at least allies again?
And last but not least Sabrewulf. Will he be able to turn human again?
Will something happen between him and Mira? They’re Werewolf and Vampire after all, enemies number one.

I think guest character will not return in the next game anyway.

I feel like in terms of determining which charecter stays or goes is determined by the story that they plan to create. The next story line is no doubt going to include the vampire and their grand plan and more supernatural entities.

This means that anyone not affiliated with ultratech, the main squad should leave including kan ra, aganos, glacius omen, shago gargos etc. and maybe thunder/eagle since the whole point of thunder journey was to find eagle and he has quest is done although logically it’s obvious the 2 would join the main group if another crisis occur.

I’m also not entirely sure if I want to boot off sadira. She has a lot of further potential and I can easily see her magical spider pendant mutating her further giving her 6 more limbs kinda like Byakuya from uniel to further push her into that unatural spider theme.

1 Like

I want them all back … I really like how each character presents a unique matchup experience.

top 5 is my top 5… i agree with you ki community… i see a lot of ’ cheap factor’ in the top 5, from a gameplay standpoint, top 5 can all be untouchable in the right hands… thats the cheap factor im getting at, but aria and hisako, i feel, provide excellent visual stimulation… aria’s instinct activation👍 and hisako’s enterance and outro are CRAZY❤ (especially with gold skins)… i just dont want there to be a void in visual stimulation, with different characters… each one they replace MUST BE MORE visually stunning than the next… this game is a gorgeous lightshow… so whatever you decide to take down, you must put in an upgrade… otherwise you’ll obviously be moving backwards in the visual department… its like going from digital led lightshow to a standard led lightshow… and thats no good. good luck in your decision… just think everything through before pulling the trigger… you have my support no matter what you decide to do💯

the story has a TON to do with it too yes… i agree👍

i would say spinal is the poster boy since he was the cover guy on the arcade game back in the day

I picked Sadira, Spinal, TJ, and Hisako.

Sadira: as mentioned earlier in the thread, she’s a jobber, and that’s about it.

Spinal: story-wise nothing is being done with him as well.
TJ: kinda the same, I feel like he could go away and the story wouldn’t change much.
Hisako: ok, hear me out on this one…Keep Shin Hisako, or even merge the 2 versions and have her go by her real name, possibly even do some Kan-ra style hocus-pocus and bring her back to life, but as far as the eternal child/vengeful spirit, her story is pretty much done.

I feel like Hisako being gone would make the most sense in terms of story. She eliminated her enemies and now can finally rest.

I got it. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Thank you.

2 Likes

Now why would I do such a thing like that as I happened to like/enjoy ALL of the current KI characters in the current KI roster for me here :grin: :smile: :sunglasses: :+1: :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Not going to vote as I’d rather see this game continue.

We had to fight tooth and nail to get characters like Eyedol into the game and I’m not ready to do it again. This game is all inclusive and I like it, frankly I’m sick and tired of how so many long-lasting fighting games keep adding new characters and cutting fan favorites. Hell there are SF characters that I’ve been waiting to play again since the Alpha days and they’ve still not been given the chance to be played since.

KI fans deserve better, I won’t vote because everyone deserves to have their favorite in the game. Yeah that’s selfish and irrational but god damn it I wouldn’t want to play a KI without Spinal or Glacius and I know every character has fans that would feel the same.

5 Likes

I get what you’re saying, and it’s nice we have a KI where you can have Cinder fight Tusk and such, but the thing is we’ve got 29? characters now, which is more than both original KIs combined, and this time around, everyone got in and we’re having a blast. But the thing is if they make a sequel, it’s best to bring in new faces to help keep things fresh with new stories and play styles. But to do that they would either have to just keep adding to the current roster and overwhealm everyone with the sheer number of MUs, or trim some of the fat so they can make room for the new guys. My guess is the latter.

…I suppose you could also go for option C where you keep most of the cast but rework how they each play as well as completely overhaul the combo system and game engine to the point that any knowledge you’ve acquired in regards to how to play KI3 is just completely thrown out the window, but personally I don’t want that. We already had that twice, and this KI plays soooo much better than the first 2. I don’t want to have to relearn a whole new engine.

1 Like

I voted Eagle, Kan-Ra, Mira, Aria, and Spinal.

I’ve never had any particular attachment to Eagle (though I think what they did with him is actually pretty cool), and think Kan-Ra is just a bit too complicated for his own good for a launch roster. Mira is really cool, but when I think of her not being in the next one I don’t get particularly sad. Aria in her current form is unlikely to reappear, though I agree an Aria 2.0 could be pretty likely as a DLC or additional character. And I’ve just never liked Spinal or thought he was a compelling character. DH finally managed to give him a legitimately cool design, but again, I wouldn’t mind it at all if he didn’t come back.

I think the people who said TJ is bland are insane. He is without a doubt the coolest boxing character in FG’s right now. Extremely fluid movement about the screen and with a ton of creativity in his combo structures (in an interesting way, as opposed to a Cinder juggle-fest), I think it’d be a travesty if he didn’t come back.

And while I’m not remotely surprised that she’s topping the list, I also think Sadie should definitely come back. I still think her actual look is among the best in the cast, and I think her air based gameplay is unique and interesting (and frankly, much easier to deal with than Mira/Aria/Cinder w/pyrebombs/Rash aerial pressure). A lot of the hate for Sadira is legacy hate to be honest, and I’d be sad if she didn’t make a return because of that.

As far as story concerns, I don’t really care. It’s a FG - I’m not particularly invested in the story one way or the other, and certainly not to the extent of letting it decide the roster.

2 Likes

TJ. I hope they don’t go SFV way and totally overboard with characters, but the opposite isn’t really attractive to me either (realistic and slightly boring–Kim, TJ, Eagle). Not talking combat design here! (which is outstanding in KI).

With no bosses in the poll, I voted Aganos. The last character between me and my normal camera view :wink:

This community is weird. Never have I seen a poll for characters to get axed in a hypothetical sequel. Most of the time characters who return in a sequel are fan favorites and staples of the series. Add a few newcomers and wild picks from the old days and you get a decent roster.

Don’t forget that more then 2 thirds of this cast is DLC. Most characters will or have a high possibility of returning in this day in age. Whoever comes comes, but asking for someone to be not considered for a return due to lore reasons is juvenile. Look at MKX. Most of the cast that returned were dead in the story, with them returning due to Ed Boon believing that anyone can come back in a universe for the dumbest of reasons. If the devs want a character back they will be back, even for something mundane like having a tasty cookie stolen from Ultratech.

1 Like

Hmm, I’m not sure (being only 3 games in and considering the many iterations of SF2 were released back in the day) that we’re really ready for a true sequel, or, aside from Jago, have much room to talk about “staple” characters to the series.

Generally if a video game company feels as though they want a character to make an appearance, they will (Xiaoyu had no important lore ramifications in Tekken 3, she wanted the main boss to help her build a theme park, everything else was added much later) so as lore is flexible (The events of KI2 have already been retconned where we are now in the series) I don’t think there’s any set in stone reason for anyone to be/not be there.

With a cast as wild as KIs, (and as there’s no option to vote for Shago, Omen, Rash or Arbiter on this poll) if we absolutely have to lose anyone, I’m going to say kick some of the more boring archetypes amongst the human cast. T.J. punchy punch man with fists. (he may be a more interesting style boxer, but his archetype and general design make him pale in the presence of other cast members.)

Tusk, stabby man with big sword, not much to say, really, I don’t find his design all that interesting and his face has always looked dreadful compared to much of the rest of the human cast, memorable for all the wrong reasons.

Thunder, kinda doesn’t do much outstanding or special, I’ve never looked at a Thunder combo and been blown away by it’s visuals like I have with the rest of the cast.

Eagle, I’ll admit, I don’t own him but, as vastly different as he seems gameplay wise, I feel visually (aside from his mecha Eagle) he just seems like a slim Thunder and would rather they went with something completely different for their archer character.

Also I’m not entirely sure why Native American human seems to be almost a separate archetype in fighting games (T.Hawk, Nightwolf) when usually every character in most fighting game rosters is a human from somewhere on the planet, they always seem to be highlighted individually. Not sure if it’s just me, but that’s how it seems.

But, no, I don’t think we’re ready for a sequel, I’d like to see this game come full circle, be fully finished and polished first before anything else happens.

I told you , all these peoples are actually happy that the life quality is bad for her.

Shoot them all in rank when you can, I took note of all these GT I will hunt them till the last one on rank.
they gonna pay for it!!!

song : I HATE YOU SO MUCH right now hhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.!!! (( Kelys))

There will be no escape from me!!!

I Wanna TbAG YALL till my controller down button explode!!!

Especially 5 are my target on this hater list!!! :rage: ima gonna catch yall then expose yall on here with tons of tbags!

1 Like

If seeing Thunder drop a combo to do a crow’s dash reset into shadow command grab doesn’t stir something in your soul, then I don’t know if you’re truly alive :joy:

More generally though, I think “get rid of human characters” is a bad idea. KI isn’t Darkstalkers - it’s not meant to just be a monster mashup. A few more “normal” characters brings its own brand of uniqueness to the cast in my opinion. The monsters aren’t as special if there isn’t a baseline to compare them to.

3 Likes