Character Backstory - Temperance and Vengeance

Well hello, everyone. Can we just take a moment to say that we’re excited to be back, and ready to deliver you more juicy Killer Instinct content. We hope you had a wonderful Holiday break, but we’re glad to be back in the saddle, riding forwards towards March’s Season 3 launch.

As we continue on, we’re going to switch things up a little, tiny bit. Nothing too dramatic, but we’re kicking off the Season 2 backstories with Maya, rather than TJ Combo. Before you berate us too much, just know that we are still working on a couple of things for TJ, but Maya was primed and ready to go. So we opted for a little switcheroo.

Check out the full backstory here: Temperance and Vengeance - Killer Instinct

3 Likes

My heart is broken, as one of the ones I was looking forward to, has switched… :frowning:

But It has been repaired by this Epic Maya Story.

Thank you.

:slightly_smiling:

1 Like

So, let this stand as an official prediction based on the recent talk of another potential “Shadow” character - Mira isn’t actually dead (no actual description of what happened to her? Just “she sacrificed herself?” That screams survival to me!), and will be the new “sibling” character that we were told we would be getting. It’s also possible that she’s been turned by Gargos, and is a dark version of Maya (with a different play style).

3 Likes

Yeah, backstories are back!

The dagger’s most powerful technique? That would be either the Dagger Level 4 Damage Ender or the Level 4 Dagger projectile, I guess. So I think she will lose one of those moves and gets a new (even more powerful?) one instead.

I’m down for this. Mira makes complete sense, especially looking back at their remarks that S3 would have a sibling to one of the of the S2 characters.

Still, uahhhh, Maya!! Loved this backstory. She’s one of my favorites, so getting to hear her backstory is a real treat.

That’s what I thought when I read, it, but IG are pros at keeping info away from us. So, Idk. Mira could or could or could not become a character at this point. I’d be interested. Maya’s Story was very good! Interested in how she develops in S3.

Side note: Man, TJ might be a Major S3 plot point I realized. Usually, if they have trouble with a Character’s Story, it’s because it will tie into S3 in a major way.

.#InB4TJComboSavesTheWorldSingleHandedly

1 Like

This story made my day.
I love Maya sincerely. But I only have season 1 characters, so I can’t play her. But when I get season 3. I’ll play her as much as I want.
Seriously guys, you know how to make characters that I love.
Thank you, really!

1 Like

I would love to see this.
Mira should definitely be a darker version of Maya, corrupted by Gargos… and Kan-Ra.
Kan Ra and Gargos should be partners. Seriously I would LOVE THAT.

Mira will be the female Vampire

3 Likes

Great story guys. Can’t wait for season 3.

I always get nervous when I see these…It’s like:

What were you Trying to Hide!?

Hmm?

LOL XD

3 Likes

Seems a bit odd to introduce Mira and not say how she died.

I call shenanigans and say that we haven’t seen the last of her. Chekhov’s Gunman if you may.

Still, great story. I wonder if Season 3’s characters will get these kind of bios too after it releases?

“Is she losing access to the daggers’ most powerful techniques,”

Oh Dear…

4 Likes

Shadow Lords, huh. I’m seeing something similar to that Castlevania by Mercury Steam, Gargos would have an army of Omen, his herald (which is supposedly dead, but can you kill a fog guy ?), Elite Earth Warrior (Sadira, Kan Ra) and three commanders (one of them could be that Vampire a lot of people, including me, want to see. Then Dark/Zombie Mira and another one)

10 Likes

DAGGER CHANGES THANK THE LORD
Uploading…

CALLING IT NOW, MIRA WILL BE A SEASON 3 CHARACTER AND SHES A VAMPIRE…please let me be right

The amount of innuendos in this is staggering & impressive, well done, ■■■■■■■ hilarious!

Can you fix my front page? It makes it really difficult to read on mobile. Thanks.

I’m really interested to see what these “Shadow Lords” are all about :smiley: