Can we keep the KI theme references to a minimum?

It isn’t in every theme so far. Only certain themes have the KI theme in it. Kan Ra and Cinder being a few of them. If you look at Sadiras, Jago, and I think the rest of season 1 they either have a unique theme or a reference to their old theme. That’s where I think the OP has an issue. A lot of the new characters aren’t getting an in between theme that is unique or a call back to their old theme. As I said with Cinder and Kan Ra they both have the KI theme embedded. It’s understandable for Cinder because his whole theme is basically a remix of his old theme but Kan Ra could have had a unique jingle like Sadira. Persoanlly I think that was the time in which Mick Gordon was struggling to keep up with the themes.

As for Season 3’s themes. I haven’t really listened to her whole theme but it seems like a remix of her original theme. That is probably where the op fears that they wont add another unique jingle in the middle and instead just add the KI theme. Which is boring, how many times are we going to hear it.

1 Like

Wait, are we talking about the idle or the actual stage theme? Cause it’s in every theme. All of them. All 17 themes have the KI main theme behind the differences.

The idle, or ‘slow’ themes.

The idle. Am pretty sure Sadira and season one characters don’t have the KI theme in them. I learned about the idle themes in a max video and he points out each idle theme along with Sadiras which was the most unique among them. Thier is a dood on youtube who also records all themes and includes their idol theme, it’s only Season 2 that startrd adding the KI jingle as an idol theme instead of unique ones.

Sadira’s idle theme is the KI theme, all the rest of season 1 were returning characters & had their original music in the idle portions, but since she was new she didn’t have one, & that was why the KI theme was used. & at the time it was unique.

They used the old theme for returning characters, and the KI theme for new characters that didn’t have a throw back…

[quote=“Frodo54, post:27, topic:4716, full:true”]
They used the old theme for returning characters, and the KI theme for new characters that didn’t have a throw back…
[/quote]…which goes back to my original point: The first time or 2 it was a novel concept, but the more & more it gets used it seems to be lazy filler. I’d think Maya’s music would be a better way of doing it (& I kinda wish they had followed it with Cinder as well)…her main theme all throughout was her KI2 music, but in her idle theme Mick still used her KI2 theme, but changed musical style without relying on the KI theme as filler. They could do the same with new characters. Rash, his idle theme could be something other than the battletoads theme…maybe the music from the wookie hole or turbo tunnel, or the bonus level theme from battlemaniacs…there are lots of options there. Arby: I think something like pale horse/rider would be cool for his Idle theme.

…I thought that’s what I said…she didn’t have a classic theme so they used the KI theme as her idle…

I just want to add, that I also thought that was the case, for like a year and a half after the game was released. Even though I’d listen to Jago’s theme every single day, I just didn’t hear the nod to the old theme, ever.

And then one day, BAM! I heard it. It’s there. For both KI1 and 2.

Yeah I finally noticed it like 2 days ago…I think the problem was I was trying to match up the wrong part with the wrong game…like hearing his KI 1 theme thinking it was supposed to be his KI 2 theme & they didn’t match up.