Can Auto-Barrage into Ultra return?

Okay, so, this is a genuine question:

Would it be possible to allow Auto-Barrage to transition into an Ultra again?

I dunno if anyone else knows this pain, but I hate having to throw a REALLY close game as TJ because I get locked into auto-barrage due to a minor execution error while my opponent’s in danger.

Is that unfair to other players? Is that even mechanically possible without returning TJ’s old AB system?

Just curious to see if I can get a dev response, but other people’s thoughts would be great too!

Well, sure, it wouldn’t be a big deal. It would mean that whenever those situations did come up where you needed a few hits before hitting danger, that TJ would be virtually guaranteed the win, which is kinda gross and would get some players salty – but it’s still just one situation, awash in a sea of situations which balance each other out in aggregate to make TJ a fair character.

But also, combo breaker xx instinct cancel into shenanigans drew the ire of a lot of players, and I’d say that was fair on the basis of scarce frequency too (and it being the one thing you decided to use your precious instinct cancel on as well), so I can see people making some garbage complaint about how all situations ever are meant to be fair and nothing dirty should ever happen.

The more practical argument is, it’s not a substantial buff, so why go to the effort? Accidentally barraging due to an execution error is a problem outside of danger too, so you should probably work on that – or you could ask for barrage activation to become a command input, i.e. direction + button.

I’m having trouble understanding this. You can manual into an Ultra so why would it be so unbalanced for TJ to AB into an Ultra?

1 Like

This is more like doing three or so manuals, with almost no restrictions at all (unlike manuals), into ultra. But yeah, I said it’s kinda gross, not utterly broken.

Is there any fan-made suggestion that’s substantial? 90% of the time the response to any suggestion made for any character in any way on these forums is just “yeah, that’s nice, but it’s not Ultimates.” But that’s a rant for another time.

In all honesty, it’s probably just me getting mash happy and messing up, but I wanted to make sure that it wasn’t actually a serious problem for Combo players like myself.

As I can tell, it’s really only me being an idiot. :stuck_out_tongue:

It would be nice if it were possible to cancel Auto Barrage into Shadow Moves.