Calling it now

No source. Just wishful thinking.

1 Like

Because they needed Rash to be in a close to finished state to go around and hype up Season 3 at events. Can’t advertise Season 3 with Shago.

1 Like

Did they finish Rash? I think they just finished his ultra. Maybe we’ll get him early as an S3 preorder bonus.

1 Like

Hardly think Rash Turtle is a season 3 heavy hitting promo…

Even Tusk would have been a jaw dropper if not Kim or Gargos.

In addition to what @SithLordEDP already said, it was also to coincide with the release of The Rare Replay Collection, which has 2 or 3 Battletoads video games within it.

In all likelihood, MS probably went to IG and said something along the lines of “we think it would be good if you worked on this character a bit more (and gave it priority) so we can release him a in a previewable state to hype not only this game, but that other game as well, as it releases in addition to adding hype to your S3” and IG probably replied with something along the lines of “yeah, that sounds like a great idea! We’ll do it!” …so they did. :wink:

1 Like

I’d like to think of it as the wild side of Killer Instinct that shows how creative the developers can get. I mean for someone who has never once heard of Killer Instinct you have to question what will stick more, a Barbarian/Chinese woman or a talking toad wearing shades?

I’ll go with the latter, plus for those who are old school gamers, they can likely relate to KI because Rash goes way back and seeing him remastered will draw attention from all gamers alike. I honestly think promoting rather is a rather smart idea so prioritizing him is understandable.

1 Like

That’s why you don’t get the big bucks to make these kind of decisions. Anyone who is interested in Tusk is already playing KI. Rash created interest and hype from people who aren’t already playing the game.

1 Like

I just hope Tusk isn’t released last for S3, allthough I’m pretty confident he will be after Kim Wu since Kim and Tusk are an important part to the Season 3 story.

1 Like

Pretty much my exact thoughts on that, yes :wink:

1 Like

Well November is here, let’s hope Shadow Jago comes out real soon.

1 Like

@justathereptile

We should hear something in regards to him next Thursday or Friday is my prediction. It may be after all the SF5 news is finished.

1 Like

Only one way to find out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Waits patiently.

1 Like

Exactly! the one thing we’ve all been getting very good at. patients

1 Like

I’m not a doctor - I’m not good with patients at all. I can wait patiently though, because I do have a lot of patience. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

i say if not Christmas. New Years Eve…new year,new and fresh charcter. (maybe)

Where is the proof of this and how it would have been more than Tusk

Guys I just got the inside tip. I won’t say much due to the risk of getting someone at IG in trouble, but I can guarantee you’ll all have played Shago by Valentine’s Day.

I read in another thread that someone asked the devs on Twitter if Shago would be out by December; the devs responded by saying that they weren’t that cruel. This can only mean that he will release THIS MONTH. We just don’t know when this month.

2 Likes