Bloody questions

Hey everyone. First time on the forums for the first time in several months. Kinda got burned out on KI and I REALLY didn’t want to start disliking the game. I’m back now and loving it. anyways…

Blood. The blood in KI is awesome. It’s like an action movie where there is just ridiculous amounts of blood flying out of every punch. But I have a few questions regarding the bodily tomato sauce in this game.

1. Ever since the big lighting overhaul (which I have very mixed opinions on), I feel the blood is less pronounced. It feels darker, but maybe that’s just me. Anyone else feel this way?
  2. Does the blood (or any particles, for that matter) hurt the framerate on a subpar PC? (pre built, non custom)
  3. Is the blood something you feel should be explored more? While I don’t want MK level nastiness, I’m curious what you all think of the game getting gory. I don’t mind it the way it is personally with no gore but buckets of blood, and I’m wondering how that KIvMK crossover would work in terms of doing each series gore justice. Speaking of which, Injustice features battle scars the more damage a character takes (maybe attack specific wounds in that game but im not sure). Would you guys like that in KI? Again, I am open to all sorts of discussions involving all kinds of viewpoints on the topic.

Fight on.

I would like the blood to stay on the floor. No reason for it to disappear.

4 Likes

Keep it as is. Every game is a bit different and differences are what make them a bit more unique.

3 Likes

I might be wrong, but I believe memory is why it disappears. There’s simply not a lot of room to wiggle in the base XBOne to let it stay there for the entirety of the match. Not only that, but it may also translate into a higher Mature rating in the eyes of the ESRB.

1 Like

Honestly, I’d like to see a toggle where you can turn it off, or possibly ramp it up some as well. Different strokes for different folks, ya know?

In fact I already have a thread about a toggle here:

But to me really, as long as I’ve been playing KI now I don’t see blood at all…it’s just white noise while I’m figuring out whether to bait the opponent into dropping a counter breaker by intentionally guess breaking or just command grab him to death.

1 Like

I would like a toggle or more options. my pre-teen brothers want to play with me but my parents say the game is too bloody (we are like the only people who use the ESRB system xD, but mom and pop say that some T games can slide for the lil dudes ). The current level of jelly is good for me. I agree with @Toodrunk2combo that it makes the game unique, and I think that @Sasuke99I could get his remedy from this blood slider suggestion.

1 Like
  1. I notice it less yes. I think it may be simply that a lot of the levels are darker, or have more pronounced colours in other areas so they may draw the eye first. Honestly I’m just spit-balling right now; it could be another reason.

2. No idea friend. It doesn’t stay on the screen so… maybe not? Spitballs everywhere!

3. I don’t think the game needs more blood/gore, although I wouldn’t be against it. I also wouldn’t have a problem with more violent moves in the game. I’m thinking of Namco games like Tekken and Soul Calibur where some of the moves are downright, bone-crunching nasty, BUT there’s no blood to speak of. Kinda like Shago’s implied decapo-pado Ultimate finish. WHERE DAT HEAD GO!?!?

I’m actually not too fond of clothes getting cut up though. Is it realistic for them to not take damage? No… but I like to see my character’s clothes as they were intended to be designed from the beginning to the end of a round. More iconic I feel, but as always thats my own opinion.

… … … … … … … … … … … … … …

On a side note, anyone remember how in Street Fighter 2, if you punched a dude hard enough they’d do this huge vomit animation? Haven’t seen that in a fighting game recently. Guess people don’t like spewy chunks no more… makes you think… wait… NO IT DOESN’T!

1 Like

Sorry it took me awhile to get to this post. (thanks a lot, Gears 4) I like all your points and I appreciate the response.

and yeah, I feel like I’m the only one who does remember that! Nobody ever talks about it. It was so nasty. :confounded:

I would definitely welcome a toggle option for different amounts of blood! :slight_smile:

If the current blood level contributes well in making it unique, just let that be the default setting.