AWWW YISSS! (ongoing S3 stream takeaways)

Im on my xb1 twitch app all i see is the ki toy stream

I wonder if itā€™s the app? I can see it on both PC and my iPhone. But Iā€™m about 8,000 miles from my xbox one right now so I canā€™t check.

The way I understood is that in Exhibition mode, which they were doing on stream, the person who picks the stage also decides whether they want to go with the default theme for that stage or pick one of the other ones. The devs said they added this option because there were less stages than themes and they wanted players to have the option to choose their characterā€™s theme.

With that being the case, there are a few ways they can go in ranked: either allow player 1 to also choose the music along with the stage, allow player 2 to pick the music since player 1 is picking the stageā€¦ or just make it so that in Ranked play, the theme is always the default for the stage. Iā€™m crossing my fingers for the last option, because I think some themes wonā€™t really mesh well with some stages, for example TJā€™s, Orchidā€™s or Mayaā€™s themes with the heavy industrial settings like Fulgoreā€™s or Cinderā€™s stages. All in all, I think theyā€™ll just go with player 1 picking both the stage and music, though.

I was not able to watch the stream but I am seeing a ton of stuff being talked about.

The select screen looks awesome except excessive green mist coverage. Whatever else, I donā€™t know yet, but there are some cool things happening.

Itā€™s EXHIBIT the ribbit.

INHIBIT means to ā€œhold backā€

I use it only as an opposite to ā€œprovoke the croakā€

I agree that the cloud of green smoke in front of the characters obscures them a little too much, but that aside I LOVE the new character select screen. Having the characters step out of the shadows just feels so damn cool, especially when you see awesome animations like Glacius and Fulgoreā€“you really get an ā€œokay, itā€™s onā€ sense of feeling from that. I loved it.

I also like the level 4 enders (not shadow enders, people, shadow enders have remained unchanged!). I do think the camera transitions are a little jarring in some of them, but I think thatā€™s more a product of the devs wanting the animations to take the same amount of time and not draw ou the match. And given how infrequently they occur in a game, I donā€™t think itā€™s going to be a huge deal. Iā€™m on board for a slightly more cinematic approach to this.

So yeah, all in all I am SUPER EXCITED for S3. Between these changes and the lighting overhaul, it looks like Microsoft and IG are putting a ton of work into making this season something special; even if I have my nitpicks here and there, I think the overall product is going to come together wonderfully, and give players something to really sink their teeth into.

1 Like

Yeah the green cloud at the character select should mostly be behind characters, if they want to keep some of the effect in front of characters it would be better to tone it down a bit to obscure characters as much.

hey, is it just me or am I not the only one who noticed that rash as a ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  thong accessory in his retro?