Are we getting any new content this tuesday?

I would assume Mira based on the order listed.

Ahh ok. Want there supposed to be something big coming out on the 8th? Thatā€™s only be a week away. I know the next season of tell tales Batman starts on the 8th, but I thought there was something else too.

They donā€™t normally include showing an ultimate as new game content though, do they? I donā€™t remember them doing that with the last pack of ultimates, but maybe Iā€™m mistaken.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t think so. There is a difference between game content which is what we are supposed to be getting on Tuesdays and game footage which is what the ultimate videos are. The later was just supposed to be like an appetizer. But I remember at a whole month where nothing came out on Tuesday. So I have no idea.

1 Like

Yeah, if I recall correctly, the ultimate videos came out on Mondays and then weā€™d get an actual in-game dealy like a Crimson guardian or a gold skin pack on Tuesdays. Hereā€™s hoping we see Miraā€™s ultimate today and get something cool in-game tomorrow!

2 Likes

I donā€™t know. I havenā€™t even seen any Twitter traffic that would suggest something drop today.

I think everything is just slowing down now either to another season or to a halt. Thereā€™s another ki world cup next year,they may announce something then

If theyā€™re slowing things to a halt, that might make sense. If theyā€™re announcing something at Gamescom, itā€™d also make sense that already announced stuff might be grinding down.

but yeah, KIWC might be another option as well. If they donā€™t have anything to announce at KIWC, my guess is that that there likely wonā€™t be anything after the stuff we already know about, but who knows.

IG is working on another game now. People need to let the S4 thing go. The entire orginal roster is there, plus new characters. They would have saved Eagle for S4 if there was going to be one.

I know it sounds mean, but let the hope of a S4 go.

Iā€™m going to have disagree with you on that since we donā€™t know what IG/MS has planned and to say ā€œlet the hope of a S4 goā€ really goes against what KI has done these past years. Need I remind you of Eyedol, prior to his release you had people saying heā€™d never make it in this KI and yet heā€™s here. Case in point people can hope for what they want, for all we know there wonā€™t be a new KI at all.

They do more than one game at a time with different teams doing different projects, and even have more than just their Chicago branch (the other one is in Florida IIRC).

People need to keep in mind that IG is just the horse that pulls the buggy. Microsoft Studios is the driver, and theyā€™re the ones you talk to if you want to negotiate a ride.

And to be honest my guess is right now theyā€™re in full-on crunch time with development and PR and whatnot considering Crackdown 3 is getting somewhat of a meh response from critics right now. And if Iā€™m not mistaken a lot of the MS team that works on KI also has been working on C3, if Iā€™m not mistaken. My guess is theyā€™re focusing heavily on getting C3 all straightened out because KIā€™s doing fineā€¦well, short of getting new substantial content and news about content.

As far as S4ā€¦my guess is with the news defecit weā€™ve had lately, we might hear something at Gamescom along with more about the Steam version, and theyā€™re likely holding off news until then. But if not, then yeah, S4 likely wonā€™t happen soon if at all.

I just donā€™t see a new season comming. SL is one of the reasons. If they had another season in the works, then they would known that a large some of money would come in. SL is a way to keep making money without needing to make anymore content. I know that you could also say that SL would give them the money to make a S4, but I just donā€™t see it. I just see SL as a way for KI to keep making money off people who already own everything in the game.

To be honest, I am shocked that it even made it to a S3. Donā€™t get me wrong, I am happy it did. S3 gave me my 2nd favorite character. I just never pictured KI doing anything else once the full KI roster was back in the game.

There may well not be a season 4, but if thereā€™s not it has nothing to do with IG working on another game.

5 Likes

True is doesnā€™t have anything to do with IG. The idea of a 3rd company doing S4 would be like Xmas to me. I can see the threads now. :laughing:

X company sucks IG was better
X company sucks IG sucked DH was better
X companyā€™s characters suck

I could do this for days, but you get the idea :grin:
I just donā€™t see another company taking over. If by chance I am wrong, it will not be the first time.

I plan on playing this game for years to come, no matter what happens. The idea of no more Seasons or Tournaments means very little to me.

1 Like

Plot twist. Double Helix comes back and then people say Iron Galaxy. Or they can say Double Helix S4 sucks. Iron Galaxy sucks. Double Helix S1 was better Kappa

Even bigger plot twist

5 Likes

By SL, do you mean Shadow Lords? How is Shadow Lords their way to make money without making more content? If they stop putting out content, I tend to doubt that people will keep throwing their money at card packs and what not, if theyā€™re doing that a whole lot now to begin with. Iā€™d have to think that some people just save up their KI Gold and spend it if they need to, but who knows.

I dunno. I could be totally wrong here, but I tend to doubt that SL is this cash cow for MS or IG thatā€™ll just keep paying for itself over and over again as time goes on. Not saying you meant to go that far with this logic, but my guess is that if they want to actually make more money off of this game, theyā€™ll put out more content.

How come? Just curious. I mean, they had a bunch of ideas for characters that people could vote on from reimagined characters to new concepts, and that was after season 3 was largely done. I donā€™t get the impression that theyā€™d be done just because they had no original characters to reinterpret anymore, but thatā€™s just a guess on my part.

Well sure, I suppose MS could contract with a 3rd company to work on this game, but like Andy said, season 4 happening or not happening would likely have little to do with IG working on another game. Thatā€™s because IG can work on multiple titles at the same time.

I mean, do we know that Keits and company are working on this new IP? I havenā€™t heard one way or the other. If the KI designers have been pulled away from KI and in to the new IP, then Iā€™ll certainly concede that a 4th season is unlikely at this point, if at all. But for now, at least, the mere existence of another game being worked on at IG doesnā€™t mean all other projects, including KI, would cease to exist. Thatā€™s my impression anyways.

Iā€™ll likely play it for a long time to come as well, but itā€™d still be nice if we got more everything. I donā€™t mean to sound greedy, I just like IGā€™s character designs and would love to see what else they could do, especially with some of those ideas they threw out on the survey like a djinn, a lovecraftian character, etc. Iā€™d also love more stages, more character outfits, bug fixes, maybe a coat of polish on the characters and retrosā€¦ For me, thereā€™s still a lot of stuff that Iā€™d want and would gladly pay for, but if this is it, well, then Iā€™m still happy with what I have. :slight_smile:

Is anything set to drop tomorrow?

Anything new coming out tomorrow?

The good news is that Iā€™ll bet we get something REALLY cool NEXT Thursday! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (Monster Ultimates!)

-Zenek