Are Kim's moves too effect-heavy?

It’s confirmed that the glow is her instinct.

All characters have a visual clue that they are instinct ready by their weapons or eyes glowing.

Check orchids electric batons when instinct ready
Thunders tomahawks
Sabrewulf eyes
Maya blades

Yes thank you for this original post. I do think that there is too much going on, considering how small Kim Wu is. Toning it down a bit would help a lot. Also perhaps making the dragons that surround her smaller would help and giving them a less static look like Spinals skulls. One single color, less detail and transparent would make the dragons less of an abstruction in her animations. IMO

2 Likes

after rewatching the stream, it’s mp, hp, low hp, and jumping hp.
Add instinct and her nunchakus glow 75% of the time, add the dragons and the kick flashes and she looks too overall flashy.

Somehow it feels like they are adding effects to “overcompensate” her petiteness and relatively mundane moveset.

2 Likes

I agree, I was just watching streams from the KI Cup with the competitors trying KIm Wu out. Some people are making excuses that the effects only come in when she is in Instinct but that is quite the opposite. Every move she makes is effect heavy and as I said in another post there is no need for all that flash, just the simple twirl of the nunchaku is fine. It does look like all those effects are to overcompensate for her stiff look, there is no smoothness to her movement, framing and animations…

2 Likes

Nah, it doesn’t look like it’s hiding stiff animation to me - seems to be more in there to make her more breakable IMO. Her punch AD 's have thicker effects trails as get into heavier buttons, and FX in general are easier to notice than just stringed normals. I think her animations look fine.

2 Likes

I don’t see how anyone could see Keits playing Kim on the reveal and call her STIFF. Nothing in her gameplay was stiff at all. Her throw? Her dragon kick? Stiff?

Kim has the same smooth fluid throw animation of Rashid from SFV.

I agree the * trailer *as ALL killer instinct trailers have stiff animations for an odd reason maybe to show you the actual move, and maybe because the trailers are put together as SOON as they lock in the moves, but the in game mechanics are much more fluid. Hell, look at Sadira trailer where she’s beating up sabrewulf. She basically pauses in each hit.

Work in progress people

You can even see that her trailer win nunchuck animation didn’t have the facial animation of her outro she just nods her head,

Then in the ki cup Keits reveal and Kim matches online you plainly see her updated model speaking ‘you can’t run from fate- but you should’ve TRIED…!’ As the facial animation was added to the head nod

Hmmm I think Kim was meant to look stiff imho… At least with her back from what I’ve heard since Bruce Lee has that similarity as well. :slight_smile:

Lol these posters wanting her to be a serpent or something I guess

Newsflash: Kim Wu is NOT. A fish or a snake she’s human

LOL

That’s what we need. A Fish character & a Snake Character! That way we can sling and slap our way to victory!

I can see the intros now…

Kan-Ra: You’ll make a fine specimen…
Fish: Blub…Blub…

5 Likes

her walking animation is as stiff as TJ and Maya were on launch day. (And they still are)

So you have a PS3 or an xbox360???

I own an Xbox 360 :slight_smile: no PS3 tho

@TheNinjaOstrich

Why xDDDD

1 Like

2 Likes

CONFIRMED MAGIKARP FOR KI S3

Lol That would be awesome!

Splash attack for days!

2 Likes
5 Likes

http://starbaseatlanta.com/ebaypics/stmangab20495.jpg

Oooooh you guys. :joy:

3 Likes

I came here to agree on Kim Wu having heavy lighting effects with her moves…

I was greeted with a conversation about fishes. This is why I love this community.

1 Like

Name: Sabrefish

Story: He lived in a aquarium in Sabrewulf’s mansion. When Sabrewulf transform into a Warewulf and destroy his own mansion, the poor fish was killed in the process. Now, resurrected by the powerful gods of the Astral Plane, the little fish was transformed into a ULTIMATE WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION consumed by hatred and revenge that will destroy Sabrewulf and make him remember the might power of a fish…

:joy::joy:

5 Likes

Be wary, Sabrefish may be an ultimate weapon of mass destruction, but it is by no means the ends of his limits. For a darker force is hidden within his very soul, waiting to be born and damn those who disturbed his eternal rest!

SHADOW SABREFISH!

5 Likes