Anyone else feel hype for upcoming 2 characters?

Would love for them to create the wise master archetype. Maybe model it from KI2’s tutorial guru.

I like the trailers too. But I think you have a point in terms of cost/benefit - especially over the long term. The challenge is you can convince yourself that no single advertising method demonstrably produces all that much value. But if you do zero advertising you will definitely be in trouble.

1 Like

Yes. Just last week I went back and re-watched them all. They are awesome.

And that becomes the grains of sand on a beach argument.

I’m not saying I’m against trailers, to be clear. I frequently rewatch them when awaiting a movie or game release. I just personally don’t think about them as an anticipation thing. For instance, if they dropped a trailer for… I dunno, like a last minute launch trailer for For Honor, I’d happily watch it and get excited over it. But I’m not sitting here refreshing YouTube to see if something comes through or having it on my mind as “gah, Ubisoft better release some sort of new trailer.”

I like trailers, but I don’t think about them if they don’t exist. So it has never bothered me that we didn’t get trailers or teasers for some characters. Because of that, I’ve never understood the vitriol with which some people have demanded trailers and seemingly claim they intrinsically matter and we have a right to them.

1 Like

I also remember that someone said that there’s no character in February, and that Keits said that the next patch is coming in March. Putting 2 and 2 together…

1 Like

Two is better than one character! :slight_smile:

It will probably still be one character. But I’ve got a feeling we’ll get at least one new member of the cast in March when 3.7(?) drops.

One more thing that takes away the wait for me is because of the hints we’ve been receiving through the game’s lore, I feel pretty certain of what the last 2 characters are.

I know we will get only one character. But it’d be cool, if we get two character.

Oh WOW! The only thing that would’ve made that more 90’s is if there was a teenage kid with middle parted hair and a waist-tied flannel playing and fist pumping every five seconds lol.

Man, the gameplay capture… “Okay, have the boxer kick his opponents foot twice and then we’ll pan around the arcade machine for the 4th time.” :slight_smile:

I don’t fault them or anything, I would’ve been super hyped for that commercial back in the day, even if I have no idea what “beyond survival” means at the beginning. Does that mean you have a… killer instinct?

So yes, having a Kilgore video along these lines would be PERFECT, especially if 80% of the gameplay footage is just spamming heavy punch lol.

I’ve always enjoyed the trailers for characters in this game. I loved seeing someone new demonstrate what they’re going to bring to the game, and I also enjoyed the hype of wondering who might be teased at the end.

I think that coupled with people always tending to hate the idea of losing something, especially if it’s something they’ve grown to expect, is why there was such a backlash when they stopped doing the teases and for the most part now, the trailers as well.

But honestly, if it’s a money thing or a time thing or they’d simply rather keep the focus on releasing as much as they can on this tight schedule they have, then I can respect that. I’m sure most people do as well. I do miss trailers with teasers at the end of them, but if it means more content at a faster pace, it’s hard to complain about that! :slight_smile:

If you don’t want to speculate publically, you mind shooting me a PM? I’m curious as to which two characters you think we might end up with. My guesses right now are some version of Kim Wu’s uncle and possibly a Wendigo. I’ll be very surprised if the Babylonian King shows up. I also don’t think we’re getting Shadow Orchid or Joanna Dark any time soon as neither are referenced in SL.

I’m definitely psyched to see who’s coming next! I must say, it’s been pretty awesome to get something new each week, and now that we’re getting that plus the ultimate news and vids, plus knowing that another character reveal is right around the corner and KIWC will be here before ya know, and who knows what else we’ll see and learn from that…

Maybe I’m just an optimist, but this seems like a great time to be a fan of this game. I’m still hoping for a 4th season or a new game announcement at E3, but until then, I think we’re in a great place with this game. :slight_smile:

To be honest I’m in hype-limbo right now.

I’m super excited that they’re making new content, I’m thrilled that there are at least 2 more characters on the horizon and I’m blown away that they’re finally listening and giving us ultimates after 3 years of the community begging for them.

On the other hand… The new content release model is boring, they’re purposefully stretching out what content we are getting over a long period of time for whatever reason, I would assume so it seems like there’s a constant flow of new stuff when in fact there are huge gaps between any significant content. I don’t expect the see the new character for at least another month, possibly several months AFTER that for the next. Then Ultimates… we’re getting 15 but its been said that they’ll be stretched out over SUMMER meaning past the start of summer in June, probably into July before we see the final pack of 5. So like… 2 more packs of ultimates over possibly FIVE MONTHS? So if they do decide to do a second batch of them for the remaining characters it’ll probably take until the end of 2017 before we see them all.

Kind of hard to be hyped for content when you know you won’t be seeing most of it for a very, very, very long time. I’m still excited but kinda not as excited as I feel I should be.

In my head the Kilgore trailer pans around his chassis every 5 seconds and the trailer has an old Ultratech (think in terms of Portal 2 during it’s 1970’s inspired era) theme advertising his “advanced” features and “new” technology and bills him as “the ultimate killing machine.” Exactly the way many of us view the 90’s now, as naff and cheesy, but also awesome. :smiley:

Also, having not played a great deal of Shadow Lords, I’m unsure what to be hype for as very little has been said in terms of hints as to what we might be getting and Kilgore was a huge curve ball almost no-one expected (an awesome curve ball, but a curve ball nonetheless) so, I’d say “interested to see what’s going to happen next” would be a better term than “hype” in this case.

We should get together the people who have completed that Shadow Lords progress bar and have then comb trough everything and give us what they assume are possible teasers.

I really should work on SL, but I was working on other things in game, namely trying to get better for one! I should jump back in at some point though, it seems like there’s quite a lot of stuff to grind.

1 Like

No plans right now.

How about a Trillgore guide?
Tips purple velvet fedora

This makes me a UnenthusiasticSeacow

3 Likes

I’m really hoping for Eagle.

I’m hoping one of the characters is a gorgon. And that she’s huge like Gargos and Eyedol. That would get me so hype.

I am pretty hyped, though subtly, since Iron Galaxy seems to be taking their time on these other two characters. I think they’ll be on a different level than Kilgore was.

It’s good that none of you feel hype for a character not even revealed…because we had other focuses this month. Once we get those shipped, though…

7 Likes