(Another) Idea: "Retro" Arcade Mode

In short, I think it’d be cool if you could go through an Arcade Mode that’s a reference to Killer Instinct Classic or Killer Instinct 2 Classic. The ladder would consist of the cast of that game, all wearing Retro costumes, while their normal stage themes are replaced with their themes from that game. I know that the final battles wouldn’t work out unless they added Eyedol and Gargos in Season 3, but I think it’d be a neat bonus mode.

2 Likes

I think I suggested this way back on the Season 2 forums, but it was predicated on the idea that we’d get Remastered Retro Stages in addition to the rest of Season 3. Obviously the stages thing is currently a no go. :stuck_out_tongue:
Regardless, I think it’d be pretty cool. Remastered versions of the old FMV’s rendered in the modern engine, classic music, classic bosses, all with the new gameplay and graphical style. I think it’d be pretty rad.

Cool idea, but we need some fixed S1 retros first. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

THIS!

Again, retro survival option still missing. Also they shoiuld use character renders only through the background of the loading screens to speed up the loading time. Just like MKX loading screen.