Angry Gamers..... Are you one?

That’s just it, though. I make japes to my opponents all of the time, but it’s all in good fun and never meant to emotionally hurt the other player (e.g., as Aganos enters the stage and crushes a rock, I might say something like, “you are a mere pebble in my path”) - but that’s not always how it’s interpreted. So for example, if I run into someone like you, I make a jab at you with a joke, you then take it personally because you’re emotional, choose to start a mirror, and then come off as arrogant and a poor sport in my mind. It’s a lose-lose situation for the both of us. Perception can be a killer more than anything the game could throw at you. That’s why we have to be careful and despite whatever that may happen, we have to keep our emotions in check.

1 Like

It depends on a lot of things really. I can lose a handful of games without getting angry, but if I’m losing a ton of matches I get quite angry. If the guy I’m losing to happens act like an a**hole i.e. taunting, talking trash, t-bagging I get angry. Something happens beyond my control i.e lag, glitches, etc to make me lose a match I get angry. If I lose a bunch of progress in game I get angry. There are also games I don’t take seriously at all and openly expect to lose more than a couple. When I get angry I’ll curse and swear, but I never let it get to the point of insulting my opponent or team mates.

hide the blades and guns when this game is played. LOL

1 Like

I agree getting angry when you lose is simply human nature, it’s how you handle that anger that make you immature.

2 Likes

Precisely, if you have a little rant to yourself and walk away then you’re mature. If however you go out and start hurting people or smashing things, then you’re most certainly immature.

2 Likes

Immature? No. That makes you dangerous. :grimacing:

2 Likes

Angrey gamers tend to be those people who take the games waaaay to d-word seriously.

1 Like

This is part of why I always make sure to game when my dogs are in the room. Petting a puppy is always a good way to feel better :blush:
Especially when I’m seething with controller snapping frustration. (though I’ve never actually broken a controller through outburst, just worn them down through general use)

2 Likes

I miss my cats and dogs… :cat: :dog:

1 Like

I have 3 cats and a dog. All of them like to stay in the same room with me when I play videogames. Specially Kali, who likes to lay over my legs when I’m playing. They always keep me calm

Fun fact, their name are, from older to younger:

-Danko (male dog)
-Kali (female cat)
-Popete (male cat)
-Sadira (female cat)

And YES, I have a cat named Sadira xD

3 Likes

Was she named that before or after you got the game? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

After. She is white, but all her head except her mounth and her tail are black, so she seems to be wearing a helmet, and when I saw her the first time, she started to run, but instead running normally, she started to do small jumps very fast. I said: OMG, we have to name her Sadira xD

2 Likes

Nice :slight_smile:
I’ve just got the 3 dogs, here. I big one and 2 twin pups
-Howard, a big ol’ Rottweiler mix.
-Levi, the the German Shepherd
-Mia, the little Lab girl

1 Like

This thread turned into a dog thread lol

3 Likes

I am SOOO calm playing games. I’m like Jago, meditating, just noticing you are there, and assuming battle positions. Until you teabag me. But, that’s just me. If it’s friends, don’t mind. But a Button Masher Ranked person who is beating me, who shouldn’t be beating me, and is tea-bagging and taunting, then yeah. Not mad, like angry, but more disappointed in myself for not being able to beat the guy/girl.

1 Like

I started to become less of an eyedol today, i started palying KI2 after i came from work and boy did i experience a glitch like never before… i saw as my hits were doing no damage what so ever.

I just restarted my pc, erased the mame emulator and logged into ultra-combo.com and saw my dinner on the table. i did smashed my plate cause of a moth that landed on my food.

I ordered Chinese food, for some reason i felt like jago and my girl was kim wu. we did the you know what after we devoureded the food.

1 Like

No…You put Duck sauce on your Rice? And then didnt wash your hands? AHHHHH!

3 Likes

So no hot peppers AND hot sauces in your Chinese foods/dishes either?

1 Like

Oh no. I like spicy stuff. I’m Spanish, so I kinda have to. Lol

2 Likes

Cool and neat man, me too :smiley: And whoops, sorry; I was asking and at the same time referring to Lord Raven :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

BTW you mentioned that you happened to be Spanish. So Spanish as in Spain? Spanish as in Spaniard? :wink: