Agony! Who's diving into Hell?

Who is getting Agony today?? I didn’t even know it was releasing today until a friend posted a pic of him getting his copy last night. Even though they had to tone it down a bit for consoles…I’m getting this today after work! I cant wait!!

Let me know your thoughts!

@Fwufikins @BigBadAndy @R1stormrider @xSkeletalx

3 Likes

I’ve never heard of it…

oh man… wait till you see this! its not fro the faint of heart thats for sure! Imagine Dantes Inferno but in 3PS and much more graphic! its an indie project that had a kick starter.

1 Like

im keeping an eye on this ■■■■■■■■■■■■!

2 Likes

The PC version has a patch available to restore the game to its uncensored GORY (see what I did there!lol)
XB and pS4 version have been toned down a little bit to avoid not being able to release due to an AO (adults only rating) being handed out. SO they had to get it down to M for mature.

1 Like

now i am intrigued lol, ill have to watch some gameplay of this ■■■■

2 Likes

It got a few trailers and I forgot about the game, ■■■■ it’s out. Might be an interesting adventure.

2 Likes

According to their statements on Steam, they won’t be allowed to get a completely uncensored patch for the PC version without risking a lawsuit, so they are going to instead put out videos of what they had to cut in the near future. Unsurprisingly, this caused a backlash because it’s obvious that even with the current patch the game is still censored a good degree.

So either way, you’re getting a censored version, just less so on PC. I’m gonna have to pass on this one.

Where did you read this? The review I linked didnt say anything about that and its just from the other day. Not saying your wrong. Just curious where the official statement is.

Here is now the official Agony Launch Trailer

Here is the link now to the official statement concerning the AO patch for Agony:

I found the article…your right. That sucks they would get sued and close their studio. So Fn dumb man…there is ■■■■ and gory horror movies but you cant have a video game dipicting Hell. Ridiculous.

1 Like

I can understand why it would be problematic to sell a game as M rated and then patch it to an AO game. This issue isn’t the gore per se, it’s the misleading rating. If you had an R rated movie and then you added X rated content to it after it had been in the theater for a while you would certainly be sued too.

If MKX has an M rating I’m not really sure what gore I am missing out on for this game at the same rating. I also put self censorship in a very different category than censorship forced by the government or even a third party. These guys are changin their own game because they want to get the benefit of distribution on other companies proprietary platforms (consoles and steam) and those companies won’t sell AO games. That’s their choice. If they wanted to forevo those platforms and sell it themselves as a download or physical Pc game no one would stop them. But no one has to help them either. I don’t see a problem with any of that.

3 Likes

As I said, it was an official statement on their Steam store page, I didn’t want to post the link in question since it included an explicit GIF of one of the in-game scenes. But it basically explained the situation regarding the cut content (which you already know at this point).

At the same time, BigBadAndy’s statement regarding self-censoring to avoid an AO rating is also true, I remember when Rockstar Games had to do that with GTA5 to keep an M rating themselves. I’ll probably still pass on the game because the gameplay doesn’t seem appealing to me, but at least unlike some other censored games I may actually care to buy it in the future (I don’t see self-censored games to generally violate my “don’t buy censored games” principle).

Still, shame for the people who wanted it to be uncut, they’re the ones who got hit the hardest by this (apparently it was supposed to be uncut before the various ratings boards of the world put their feet down).

1 Like

Agreed…I dont see an issue either. Epecially since its only the ending cinematics that were changed. Still in game just with a different Vagina demon lol
Its just dumb IMO taht the ESRB pics and chooses specific things regardless if its equal to other things they have allowed to happen. Probably due ot the relgious nature of the topic.

IM gald they toned it down…otherwise we wouldnt get to play it at all on console! Ill be playing and streaming it tonight!

1 Like

Have fun. I might try to tune in if the internet here holds up. Although “vagina demon” doesn’t sound like my scene.

As far as the subject and the ESRB I admit I’m a bit mixed. I don’t always agree with what they do but at the same time there donhsve ti he some boundaries right? I wouldn’t want my kid to turn in the tv and see a movie with graphic pedophile Santa Claus depicted as the hero… so if you accept that there are limits to acceptable content then you need some mechanism to try to enforce it at least label (as in the case of the ESRB) that content. That mechanism will never be perfect. But I don’t know that there’s a better way.

2 Likes

Oh yeah defintiely needs to be a limit. BUt they need to be equal across the board. So if its ok for Human centipede, MKX, or other gory entertainment…it should be ok for Religious bases ideas.

I dont beleive this game is any more graphic than Dantes Inferno was 10 years ago. This Dev tam just isnt as big as EA.

WHere are you at BTW?

2 Likes

Bangladesh :bangladesh:

1 Like

WOW! Ok dude… hope to see you later!

Streaming Agony in about 15 minutes! Waiting for the update to finalize and Twitch to stop acting stupid lol

1 Like