Action packed audio/lack of

I love the great visual and audio effect in KI,but i have noticed lately that while fighting any and all matchups it sounds like i am kicking or punching a tree stump or something hollow while fighting. I noticed this earlier in s2 but seems like it was fixed(could be wrong) but now i am hearing it again,reminds me of fighting mokujin in tekken. Anyone else notice this? Can we get some ACTION PACKED brawler SMAsH, Thwack sounds incorporated back into this great arcade fighter. I remember being able to hear the KI coin machine from the other end of the mall when i was younger, the audio was so action packed and LOUD! Gj btw ig

If you are talking about the audio kicking in towards the end of the kv flip out… that is what it is. The thud audio noise is an audio trigger to help understand that you are close to or about to flip out your combo and you need to end it/ cash out. Try it… just keep filling your kv meter without an ender and it will appear

1 Like

The audio has been tweaked, but not in a negative way. In fact, I believe it’s got better. THat and unless you’re playing it on an arcade cab, with other cabs around it etc, I don’t see how you can compare the two eras of KI particularly as the audio and sound design of this game have taken a far more impactful tone using greater levels of technology etc. Have you ever tried fighting with your eyes closed and imersing yourself like that? Just relying on the visuals and correlating to those might be your problem here.

1 Like

Glad to see someone’s paying attention to the sliders. However, the OP would’ve had to turn that slider up if they had default options. So not sure what’s happened there

1 Like

WOW! All this time and i didnt notice that the “tree stump” thud sound is in fact the cash out meter. The game is so action packed i never noticed before. Ty kyo for setting me straight on the issue. WOW!

1 Like

Here’s a video I did showing how I play the game without any sight that might help you listen to the sounds more clearly