About the CB and KV bar

YES!!! thats it…I promise you it will work EVERYTIME! As long as they break there will be no lock out. Make it a part of your game plan in 2-3 places…and rotate them out.

1 Like

I know dog! I was like “whaaaaa?”

I gotta try it out soon.

1 Like

Don’t rely much on that, or try in the lab, it doesn’t work the same with all the characters. I know this because I was using this months ago and it’s not the best option with my character and it may also whiff and get lockouts, it’s too tricky.
I did use it for people guess breaking on manuals who waited for me to hit before hitting both buttons (not minding the strenght, but not mashing like crazy) Against people that actually tries to see what manual you are going for may not work.

1 Like

You play Wulf though do you not? Omen’s launcher > flip out set up should be similar to Wulf’s and @FallofSeraphs76 said it is reliable for him.

I’ll see when I test it out.

If the MP+MK motion is on point the counterbreaker against a masher is going to work. Yeap, I’m ib the lab right now.
If I want them to see muy flipout intention I would hit c.lk an inmediately cb.

Anyway, watch out for this online. I don’t trust lag :cry:

Yeah, I wouldn’t normally ever break juggle normals unless I know they are guess breaking in that point. If someone knows what they are doing, they usually never break in that point because it is difficult to react to. I will try out these new findings nonetheless.

Also. I want my salty run back in due time. I think I know where I could improve on and do better.

Wow, I found inconsistencies already.I should stream this xP

@oTigerSpirit but I’m retired! XD.
Sure, just let me know . Yesterday I watched Paul B streaming and suddenly I wanted to go and play with Wulf.

1 Like

So am I, “technically.” :sweat_smile:

Probably Thursday evening or sometime on Friday. Depends on your availability.

1 Like

There’s no such thing as break on frame 5. It’s always from 0 or 10 till 40 as far as I’m concerned.

Why would yo want them to see your flip out? They cant break it if they have already seen it.

Breaking a flip out is a read… no one is going to react to a flip out. thats like saying you can react to light ADs.

There is no worries for this online…you either get it and want it to work or you dont.

Not entirely true, some flip outs, mainly Raam and Jago, and breakable on reaction. So in those cases you do have to actually give the opponent something to react to.

2 Likes

Right…but Wulf , thunder, TJ, Omen…those light kick type flip outs… no need to give them anything… they either try to break on the hit or they dont.

It works for me every time… they can either take it and make it work or keep getting wrecked with late CBs

He is saying it the other way around, he has conditioned his opponent for a point to break, and goes for a CB but they lockout instead of him getting the CB he baited.

Which it happens online when the timing is tight, so there is no reason to assume he is mad about it. It’s frustrating to everyone to make a read, be right but be slightly off and not get the payoff.

1 Like

Well actually now that i think about if you have familiarity with a characters juggle loops you can pretty consistently react to a flip out. But yeah characters with long and varied juggles like TJ, Sadira, and Rash or an unpredictable one like Omen and Kan ra you just have to make the read.

1 Like

I couldn’t post this at work, but now I can.

When I read your post I was like, “Aaaaaawwwww yisssss”

2 Likes

Did you try it yet? It works best after the launcher and then instead of flip out of Normal>Orda juggle…insert CB after conditioning them to break on those points.

I basically only CB after Heavy ADs and the flip out Orda launch juggles. And Im pretty dang consistent in landing them too. Not really any other points I like to CB at… to risky.

Corner throw into medium manual is a good spot to becasue if they dont try to break you get a medium manual

I’m out of town right now. I might try it Thursday night.

Cool…well if you guys need any help with it hit me up…even though its pretty simple. I dont “lab” so IM not sure how this works with set up CPU breaking, but I know for a fact against a human player OFFLINE and Online it works perfect.

yea one of those or whatever, idr haven’t had to use it since i made the counterbreaker video.

Lol. I would’ve broken it :sweat_smile:

For counter breaking juggle/manual hits, you should be utilizing the 5 frame buffer window to input your counterbreaker. Essentially, you want your counterbreak to be input at the same time as your button press, so that it is buffered during the startup frames of your normal. If you do this and they break correctly, this will always work. I tend to mash three buttons (manual+MP/MK), but you can also just do what @FallofSeraphs76 is saying, and simply have your “manual” be MP+MK. The game will read “medium button” for the purposes of putting a manual out, but will also store “first frame counterbreak” so that you will catch any valid break attempt. Important to note: the opponent can still timing lock himself out in these scenarios, and in this instance your first frame counter will fail and you will get dunked. This also occurred in S2 for grounded manual hits, but is different in that in S2 it was not possible to get timing locked out on a juggle. So yes, breaking juggle state opponents has an added element of risk, as timing lockouts are decently common in these situations for the more juggle-friendly cast members.

@BigBadAndy’s suggestion that post-lockout counter breakers reset to neutral is one of the only changes to the system that I think is any good, but I think I’m personally against the idea of making counterbreaks even marginally more safe. A successful counterbreak is 70% with most of the cast - it should be a risky option, even in those situations where the read is right but the execution is off just slightly. If in a future update or game they went the “return to neutral” route I don’t think it would break the game or anything, but I really like the heartbreak aspect of the system as it currently exists.

3 Likes