About Eyedol's design and the struggle to redesign him

I agree, that is no excise
@dsfsdf what were you expecting, a club wielding prince charming? :laughing:

4 Likes

Agreed - I think what makes Eyedol Eyedol is the characteristic two heads. Definitely more than his single eyes, and his satyr legs. I don’t think I’d mentally associate a single headed Eyedol as being Eyedol!

3 Likes

There would have been hell to pay lol

I am still a little disappointing Shang Tsung wasn’t in MKX, as he is the only MK1 character absent from the game lol though I understand why since he is supposed to be dead, and is heavily foreshadowed to be returning in the next game.

http://zeymar.deviantart.com/art/Killer-Instinct-Eyedol-new-concept-for-IG-478573393

:relieved:

1 Like

I can’t believe there is this much imagery of something with two heads in one place. Must be some sort of record.

4 Likes

I’m pretty confident eyedol will return.

Oh, I hope you’re right! What makes you say that though?

1 Like

Because the fish character turned out to be fake and gargos is coming as soon as May.

:joy:

This is what Eyedol looked like in the classic KI comics. I think this perfectly shows what he should roughly look like in the updated game.

7 Likes

Jago’s broke back pose though… :laughing:

2 Likes

How would you make Eyedol the “Goro” & “Kintaro” of KI? I mean he can be someone who used to work for Gargos. He’s a part of Gargos’ kind after all.

Speaking of Gargos is considered to be one of the shadow lords. I guess this means we can now do something for Eyedol to.

Oh Jago, them glutes! <3

5 Likes

Gargos’s design is based on Baphomet.

So how to give Eyedol an evil vibe too?

http://1u88jj3r4db2x4txp44yqfj1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/MortalKombatX_GoroHero.png

Eyedol’s mace is no longer of use, since Aganos now uses it in stone.

Jago, Spinal and tusk all use swords so there’s no reason there can’t be two blunt weapon users. Plus Aganos’ weapon is an afterthought, not part of his core gameplay.

4 Likes

Well he did also have a club with spikes. What if Eyedol was an ONI?

Two heads with a one eye on each head.

Absolutely, just because one character has a certain weapon doesn’t mean someone else shouldn’t have a different variation of said weapon. You just straight up shut him down lol.

Jago has a sword, spinal has a sword… should I keep going?

1 Like

Eyedol looks so sick there . They could take that design like someone said above and just update that. Would be perfect.

3 Likes