3.8 Patch Notes

I disagree…Gargos being able to stagger into command crab with huge damage… plus the rest of his tool kit? I think they made all the right choices for Gargos…he still is very hard to chase down. Plus his reset into command grab… to much damage.

Best patch list in a long time

Going on stream to talk about patch notes and stuff

link here so it doesn’t embed some dumb thing

4 Likes

His command grab was heavily nerfed in the previous patch. So I disagree, his resets into command grab were pretty weak

1 Like

His overhead got buffed. It was -3 before. -2 means he’s safe on it now. Though it’s still not his turn it means he can’t be punished by some characters on block now. Excluding general Raam.

Oh I read that wrong then. Noice. Then again, RAAM gets punishes in moments where lots of other fighters are incapable of punishing at.

15 Likes

I dig that a lot! Here’s to hoping for Ultimates Guest Pack (RAAM, Arbiter and Rash)

1 Like

And the last bit of anything that could help Fulgore still be good is now dead. Everyone that complained about him having a DP, congrats… You win. This is my final post on these forums. How can you continue to nerf a character for 2 straight seasons, and never be satisfied with how much you’re ruining what he does? What good is a pip cancel now? What good are his normals? No good MK LK anymore. No positive specials, anything Fulgore does now throws his turn away. I knew I was right when I said he would no longer be a tourney presence but man… To take it even a step further? I feel bad for anyone who even tries to play Fulgore at this point. Good friggin luck… At least they finally nerfed the Disaster that was Thunder but neutered an already beaten character beyond useable.

Yo my main thunder got nerfed. Im kinda salty. I mean I will still play him and the changes dnt break him as a character but I really enjoyed having people guess on my wakeup. Also I think the dp follow up changes were unnecessary barring how punishable it was but hey im extremely biased…That feel when your midtier character gets nerfed…:’(

2 Likes

Were you fighting against the computer? That looks like some stuff the AI Kyle has done to me many times…

Yeah cos I had installed new buttons on my stick, so I was making sure they were working. And alas, I came across the unbreakable Firecracker bug.

So you’re legit leaving the forums over this?

I don’t think that’s real then. The KI AI has been known to do that, ‘fake’ you out on the 1, 2, 3 and not getting the breaker. or even going 1, 2, 3, 3 and still not breaking the combo.

Ohhh… I thought that was a legit bug. Now I gotta go test that stuff tomorrow.

I hope 3.8 will also replace these pics.

Literally no one complained about him having a DP. That’s why it’s such an out of nowhere change.

Sure, no one did. But it helps Aganos in one of his toughest matchups.

He still has an invulnerable wakeup option that probably doesn’t do that much less damage. shrug

2 Likes
  • Fulgore still has an invincible DP, you just have to use the light one unless I read that wrong

• Pip cancels are still good in many ways like stopping people from jumping at you after throwing fireballs and the famous fireball teleport mixup come to mind.

• A good normal is not determined just by how plus it is. Good normals have good range, startup, recovery etc. And a lot of his normals still have that. A ton of Orchid’s normals are not plus either but she
    still has undeniably good buttons just as an example.

• A lot of chars don’t have plus specials but aren’t bad. Maya, Orchid, Aganos, Omen just to name a few good characters with non plus specials.

Gore still has good pressure, amazing zoning, and good buttons to play footsies with. Don’t get the idea that he’s bad.

6 Likes

Maybe all the Fulgores in the world are being played incorrectly?

-shrug-

Take Patch notes as something to lab on. If they are switching things that doesn’t make sense at first, be that person to figure out WHY they did it, instead of a billion posts ranting about it. It may just be that the characters have secret strengths no body has explored before.

Things that are now negative, could be new ways to create frame traps… :thinking:

That being said… Good Patch Notes.

Woo! No Kim Buffs/Nerfs! She’s​ in a great spot. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@ZTRAINOVER9000 I fail to see where Fulgore is bad too. Idk honestly. He is still good tbh. Just cos his normals got nerfed doesn’t mean that Fulgore is fully dead in the water.