3.8 Patch Notes

Me too. I already thought they had nerfed Gargos into the ground, but I guess he still had some spark of hope left in him that needed to be crushed.
Kidding, of course…:joy:…kinda… :worried:

2 Likes

Jago’s frame changes still don’t sit right with me. His crouching medium was great for pressure. I understand that he’s +2 during instinct, but his instinct is usually used during a combo for health gain. His instinct shouldn’t compensate against negative normals as much as it should make them more threatening. Again, nothing major as much as a minor nuscience for Jago mains considering the steady nerfs (with fair warrant) since season 3.

Don’t mean to sound like I’m whining about the changes as they truly aren’t dramatic by any means, just seems like Jago was already in a fair place with his major adjustments to Windkick.

Overall, some interesting adjustments that will definitely change the metagame for some matchups and characters. As crazy as it sounds, this type of change makes me happy because the game gets a completely fresh feeling. Love it, despite my sly bickering for my main.

On a final note… my god, that Aganos Ultimate!

1 Like

They literally did a bowling ball reference.

Raam can now punish cr.mk. oh my lol.

2 Likes

…yup. Save for a few.

Let’s find out, shall we? :joy:

So, it’s cool to have a release time frame for Omen’s new colors and for Ultimate Pack 3. Aganos has a really cool Ultimate.
Lot of Nerfs this patch. Jago, Thunder, Fulgore, Tusk, Rash, Gargos, Gargos, and Shinsako all got changes. Most of them either not significant or pretty reasonable. I’ll always cry about Tusk nerfs bit meh.
RAAM and Arbiter getting some TLC is nice
Plenty of very well needed bug fixes. Kan-Ra mains will have a much nicer time especially

All in all, pretty impressed. Though I wish the @developers would drop a breakdown of Eagle’s gameplay before his release.

2 Likes

9 Likes

Thank you for adjusting Thunder. It was very annoying being unable to anti-air his Sammamish followups with normal attacks.

The more I think about it, the more it hurts because of Raam. That is just one character, granted, but still.

I feel like Fulgore got hit too hard with nerfs. Idk it doesn’t look like he’ll be that much fun anymore.

Not gonna lie. I now feel a little intimidated to punish people who are not blocking my cyper uppercut wake up. Especially if they can just tap my foot. I think on the defensive side this just means I’ll have to find another way to deal with defenses. I don’t mind the laser nerfs though.

Only one way to find out though. On the other hand might make sadira a pain but hey, I don’t even try to anti-air her anymore. lol

I personally don’t mind the ability to not pip cncel during shadow counters. It’s not like I’ve ever been lucky enough to do that anyway, lol. Just missing with light DP is really why I never used it much.

Well the light version is still fully invincible. It’s just the other versions that can be stuffed so you don’t really have to change anything other than the strength you use during those situations.

Light DP is great but considering I wanna make SURE I hit my opponent I think I have a choice between getting hit at the start of my anti-air or missing cause the attack doesn’t go far enough.That’s pretty much what I see so far. But that may change with time. But who knows, maybe the vulnerabilities are still breif enough to stuff the jump in.

HOWEVER the only possible explanation for this is Fulgore’s Medium and Heavy Cyber Uppercuts all do 2-3 hits respectively. So I guess that might be fair.

Either way I think I’ll try to use cyber uppercut less until I’m sure I know where I am right now. To my other fulgore players just clinch your butts and get in there. Despite the vulnerabilities put in, I’m still sticken’ with Fulgore.

If I recall, the Fulgore dp nerf was also a slight nerf to air shadow laser as it is harder to do it from light dp.

Well in anti air situations they’ll still be effective being a 3 frame move with special move priority. It’s only in those late antiairs where it might ■■■■■ you over.

The bot nerffs are BS just goes to show you that if you get on this forum and complain instead of learning IG will change things what a joke this has turned into.

2 Likes

Poor Thunder, no real dp, crappy jump, get destroyed by zonners and they keep nerfing him.

I don’t really see people complain about Fulgore much on these forums. Usually it’s asking for Sadira/Kan-Ra/Wulf buffs. Which they didn’t do. So there you go :slight_smile:

6 Likes

As they were making a few larger changes to MU’s that she has problems with, it kind of made since for them to leave Sadira alone this time around.

While I’d love for her to be top tier again. I don’t want her to get buffed, just to get nerfed again.

I both like and dislike that Gargos’s Minions no longer do chip damage.

I dislike it the same reason @Infilament dislikes it. Minions are a shadow moves and generally shadow moves do good chip damage. Also If you allow Gargos to get two minions to apply pressure on you, that is partially your fault and you should be punished for it.

HOWEVER, I do like the change when watching tournament play. There have been lots of occasions when a Gargos is zoning and chips out the opponent lifebar and it kinda deflates all the hype because there is nothing the opponent can do.