3.4 Gargos what would you change?

In my experience, Gargos does not use the jumps enough, if im totally honest. He shares Sadiras dirty crossup capability but can hover over you longer and, basically, make you over think whether to guard or challenge him. I hardly see it utilized in matches i play or watch.

Would i call the jumps overpowered? Eh, maybe not. I think he’s a character that needs fine tuning, not nerfing.

Reduce the number of hits to kill a minion from 3 to 2.
Or
Shadow moves kills them instantly if hits.

Despite I hate to fight his minions, I don’t think is fair to increase the cost to 2 shadow bars.

Like others have said his HKD after damage ender should be taken out, other than that I think he’s fine as is.

How about we buff him instead?

3 Likes

I’d like to either see a reduction in jump height or more selfishly, a buff to raams attack height. It feels like he can rather easily just fly over a lot of attacks. Granted, that’s probably the intention but it’s unbelievably frustrating when he can just hover over you, and then have heavy reckoning beat heavy emergence (still dont understand this someone explain to me please).

Gargos has a ton of tools but many times theyre more unbeliveably frustrating rather than actually over powering. He can smother you with minions and portal punch or he can just get run over. Sounds like a lot of this game actually.

He’s not top tier, that’s for sure. But he’s also not fun at all to play against. It really is quite the dillema, he really does kinda want some buffs to be better, but he also needs nerfs to be less annoying. It’s quite the task for ig and i don’t envy them

3 Likes

The only nerfs if he even needs one is a the amount of meter he gains on every move except for command grab and make minions give no meter. No hard knockdown on damage ender. But for these nerfs let minions take one more hit.

I don’t know about that one more hit bit.

Ok here is my idea for buffs/nerfs/burfs.
Buffs:
-lel
Nerfs:
-Damage version of the command grab(ender only. Normal one stays the same)
-Izuna drop from a normal command grab has reduced damage.
Minions do not do damage but exist as a utility tool
-Portal Punches does not generate meter if blocked and opponents gain 15% more meter. Chip is reduced.
Burfs:
-Minions can activate their special move without having the charge ready but it kills them.
-The battery version of command grab drains a consistent ampunt of meter that does not depend on the opponent.
Buffs:
-Air command grab has the options of the normal variant but is better(more damage,drains more meter,more frame advantage,and can recap midscreen)
-Shadow Air command grab is added and it always cashes out(regardless of opener or not)

Maybe not