2 versions of KI. 1 beta, 1 more stable

just because i havent rolled over dead yet dosent mean im not open to a change of thought, or a different approach related to the topic at hand. so far the biggest concern are the assets required to make such a change possible. This process dose not require the entirety of the populace to QA. If every tester only played one main and no one else the majority of these things might be fixed before release. again im not asking for 100% bug free. Thats crazy talk. but im sure one of the QA testers would have noticed their assigned main not working properly because this specific bug is very noticeable. IF one hundred dogs c-rap in your yard odds are youll miss one picking it up. More people watching the devs back the better but not to the point that everyone is the guinea pig. IF they release a bugged patch there just gonna have to go back anyways to fix it. at least my suggestion adds a less buggy version and only slightly delayed that dosent put certain players out in the cold. but fret not my friend, as you will have access to a low tier, exclusive, recycled move set character for dealing with it. stop focusing on the current problems or bugs and think about the future ones and how to prevent them in the first place. The difference between your companies software and IGā€™s is that no one wants to evaluate your warez before its done, with KI they do, and to what extent should be up to the community.

If for example i made you a pie without any clue as to making one and asked you to sample it, I would be taking the pie away from you a lot to revise the recipe because you werent pleased. I wouldnt go out and try to sell the pie you hated. I would ask what you liked and take out all the things unpleasing. You might hate me for making you eat 20 nasty A$$ pies but the consumer would love you for it.

This has turned into a dumb thread and itā€™s ridiculous to expect IG to split resources to keep up two versions of the game. The game is completely fine and playable as is and IG will continue to squash the bugs as they come. For the most part they have been really on top of things, which we should all be grateful for instead of whining.

I mean, I doubt that it costs a lot to have a separate beta branch. And I doubt that it will split the community, since it will be used only by the most passionate players to bug test and not on the constant basis.
The question is, will it even help that much. The game is filled with reported bugs as far as I can tell, so they have a lot of work to do as it is. As far as the balance changes go, it would be fine if the follow up patches werenā€™t rolling out so slowly for KI. Massive patches in Dota can get a dozen fixes over the course of a week and itā€™s just one guy who does the balancing (not saying that all of them affect balance, there are bug fixes as well).
You should ask Skullgirls players how it works for them, pretty sure they have a beta branch.

i know right. MS even ports games over to xbox one without any costs to the devs. More than likley the only whining here are top tier players using these exploits to pad out their stats or make it to the 32.
but will it work is the sentiment that I share. IG will have to chime in for that one.

Thatā€™s the thing, you canā€™t prevent them from occurring. No matter how good the QA, it is IMPOSSIBLE to identify all the possible problems that could arise, even with a good QA team, even with a private beta of tourney goers and pros. Chances are most problems wonā€™t even be discovered until itā€™s in the hands of not 100 people, not 500 people, but the widest possible audience. In short, you have set up a HIGHLY UNREALISTIC standard to hold the development of the game.

Not a very mature or open-minded statement on that one. If youā€™re worried about stats or top 32, youā€™re playing the game for the wrong reasons.

are you even reading my posts. at what point did i ever say i wanted 100% no bugs? im talking about the in your face ones that break the mechanics of the game. First your reply was ā€œspinal is fine.ā€ after my reply, you say spinal suffered a serious setback," so which is it? If you want to pick my random comments apart that werent really directed at anything other than a light hearted joke, be my guest. but I can poke holes in your cheese (unless its swiss) all day too.

Now can we get back to topic before the forum mods hate me more than they already do?
and the next time you cherry pick my comments make sure you convey the idea as a whole.

Yeah, Iā€™m reading your posts, and surprised at the total lack of humility and outright immaturity of some of them.

ā€œBig setbackā€,not ā€œserious setbackā€, if youā€™re gonna quote me, do it right. Yes, heā€™s had a big setback, but he can still win fights. He builds meter other ways than with the skulls, and his pressure doesnā€™t come from just a fireball game; he has his mixup pressure from teleports, skull run cancels, and big forward hitboxes give him lots of room for offense, etc.

Iā€™m not cherry picking your comments, Iā€™m responding to them. And if you are joking about some of these things, they arenā€™t in very good taste. Iā€™m being critical of your statements because I honestly donā€™t believe you are being very critical of them yourself. Porting a PC game to the Xbox One isnā€™t some magical, snap your fingers process and blam itā€™s done. If it were, the updates to the PC version of Minecraft wouldnā€™t be so difficult to port to the console versions. By the way, you mentioned porting games to Xbox from PC, so while itā€™s not in the thread topic, you mentioned it, and opened up the discussion on it.

But getting back on topic, I still stand by the argument that youā€™ve oversimplified the concept you hope to introduce and havenā€™t considered it from the most critical angles. And when you didnā€™t receive the response you had hoped for, you became defensive and started making a lot of seemingly distasteful jokes, and had little defense to your idea other than ā€œSteam does it, Xbox should too.ā€

Iā€™m done. Unless something meaningful or changing is added to this discussion, I have no further desire to even continue on this topic.

lol. over simplified. your telling me that if version 2.9 was a mess they couldnt keep 2.8 and roll out 2.9 in essence both the same thing, to select accounts. and use 2.9 for a beta or untill spinal issues are corrected. keep making excuses buddy. remember you are making a delicious pie for the masses. but instead chose to indirectly release a version that hurt players and i disagree with that descision. and porting games to xbox are relevant. you think they are gonna port COD black ops 2 and not have severs ready for multiplayer? haha money isnt the issue bro. and I replied to any concerns reguarding my suggestion and no one has responded. either they cant think of one or there isnt any or gathered up their toys and went home.

for the sake of myself being a social butterfly, could anyone point out my distasteful jokes? cause i have certainly no clue.