The Twitter Watcher Thread: Developers

you know the regeneration is gonna be in there. That probably has everything to do with ‘OP’. Already there’s gonna be a new class of ender: Regeneration Ender.

Now if we can just get that epic billy goat heel stomp thing that Eyedol- the original regenerator- did, from Eyedol himself. I’d make a new microsoft account and only buy eyedol on it he’d be that serious

I agree with this, completely. I will admit that I felt Demonic Despair was OP (and though I respect how much of a risk you’re taking meterwise, I still don’t like it) and I feel Annihilation is in the same boat, though I actually consider it worse (even though there are simple ways to get out of it).

Aganos’ four-wall damage isn’t OP because it’s extremely unlikely to happen, and unlike Omen or Shadow Jago he can’t just trigger that instantly, it requires gathering chunks, a long setup of walls where the opponent has to see what Aganos is trying to do, and still requires hitting a Ruin or ending a combo with one.

Cinder’s burn mechanic was unfair when it was first introduced, but only because there was no clear indication that it was over. I lost (and watched many others lose) matches to it because the visual flames disappeared before the effect was over, meaning it was easy to miscalculate and start the flareup all over again. The added sound effect and dark smoke puff are perfect, and I never question if I’m still burning.

I’m wondering whether the “Gargos OP” stuff is going to be healing related, or if he’s going to have the ability to Ultra someone with additional life remaining, or something. As in it will give the opponent a larger Danger State, say 30% instead of 15%? Maybe he can heal the first bar’s damage back after having lost the entire bar?

1 Like

And now the real question @rukizzel : when are we getting a Mira stream? :open_mouth:

My money its with the shadow meter. A very obvious change in shadows effects which is related to the lore and we don’t know why yet? With a shadow lord coming? I can see a pattern:
-Jago, his choosen vessel, is one of the best characters in terms of building shadow meter
-Shago, his possesed form, can power up his special moves with shadow meter, and his instinct allows him to take part of the rival’s.
-Omen, his herald, it’s made of shadow energy, and he has 3 shadow meter bars.

All these chars are related to Gargos in some way. My bet: Gargos can do amazing stuff with shadow meter. He is a shadow lord, surely he will have the best shadow moves among the cast.

Also, both Omen and Shago have a powerful “spend this resource” move. Gargos will have something similar

2 Likes

4 Likes

Later this month. Later as in after PAX East.

3 Likes

You know what would be awesome?

When you defeat Gargos he regenerates both health bars and loudly proclaims “I can never die!”

he he real Gill moment that would be :wink:

Sexcellent :smiley:

1 Like

After PAX East? But that’s a week away from the end of the month!

Ah yes, you seem to notice our recurring theme for the past 3 seasons.

4 Likes

Any word of whether anyone from the team will be attending PAX East? Maybe in booth capacity?

…Stay Tuned?

So Sadira players will love her.

We’ll be there.

1 Like

Heh. It would have been nice to have a rundown the week before she was out, but as you say, there are indeed standards to uphold… :smirk:

Well, that would actually be the case, however PAX got in the way, and parties needed to run a stream will be across the country.

Nothing says we won’t see the stream/trailer in that week’s Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday time frame and the character on Friday.

Haha. Fair enough. What would actually be super cool would be if the team just did a recording and released it during the originally planned time slot(i.e. week of PAX). I think they did that for Hisako before she came out.

I felt like that was well received - I know I watched that archive like 4 times, and I feel like the forums got some fun theory crafting done in the meantime.

Just a thought :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I hope Gargos will have retro skin. And some goofy cosmetics.

Copy&paste from TempusChaoti Twitter, will edit it later in the OP with proper link:

1 Like

Y’know, a live reveal stream from PAX of Mira’s gameplay (similar to KIWC’s changes and reveals stream) would be pretty hype. Loved the crowd interaction there, I’d like to see it more frequently (not every character, but when it lines up with an event like this).

Gargos, only character with purple lifebars. Can drain your entire shadow meter to regain health at the cost of Instinct?

1 Like

@TheKeits is now nerfing characters before they truly exist?

The NERFCEPTION is real.

3 Likes