The Arbiter’s Trailer

I know they have Wednesday lined up to show the teaser, any news on a gameplay stream for Arbiter?

I hope they keep up the hype momentum. Something like teaser, trailer, stream, show new game modes or new UI features, PC features/requirements, theme reveals possibly from Plug and Celldweller (I really like what I heard in Kim Wu’s trailer but I just want to hear a larger portion though plz IG :relaxed:…Have something every few days would be awesome until release.

Not a Halo fan but watched for the teaser… there wasnt one. Not buying Arbiter hype personally - Rash still my pick of season 3 so far.

Or maybe the entire point is that his accessories will allow you to armor the Arbiter in the armor of specific Arbiter characters throughout the history of the franchise.

Or you can jump straight to disappointment about something we haven’t had a full reveal or hands on - simply because a guest character isn’t absolutely 100% identical…?

In that case, I’m disappointed that Freddy Kruger’s sweater was made with sheep wool in MK9. Everybody knows that the original sweater was made from alpaca wool in the movies. Totally ruins everything.

10 Likes

Well, after watching this trailer, I decided to do something…

11 Likes

Not sure if it’s been posted but interesting tidbit from Polygon. Frank O’Connor states that this Arbiter is “an amalgam of historical arbiters.”

Source: http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/21/11084812/halo-the-arbiter-killer-instinct-season-3-xbox-one

So could explain the non-Keith David yearning. Overall a significantly dynamic character with interesting resources.

1 Like

It would be better if you used a comic book font like anime ace… :laughing:

Funny strip though!

1 Like

Is it possible the teaser was delayed because we will get some pre-order info at the end of it? maybe not a release date, but just that pre-orders start now or on another close date.

Nothing was delayed. There’s an earlier post that talks about this, but releasing during a Halo event meant that our focus would be on the Halo character which is coming to our game.

2 Likes

poor choice of words then, on my part. Lets say, pushed back?

What he’s getting at is that the intention was ALWAYS to show the teaser (and who knows what else) later.

When we saw Kim Wu’s trailer the teaser wasn’t attached to it, but it’s not like they duct-taped the teaser together in a panic during the event - it was just not the appointed time to give it to us. I don’t really think that calling it a delay or push back is accurate, in that regard.

2 Likes

To say pushed back would imply that something went awry and we moved dates. It was the plan to publish the full trailer at a later date all along.

Yep. For this case, we had to wait until the teaser went live in the Halo World Championships, which was occurring in the later part of Saturday. Our time to show the Kim trailer was set up for Saturday morning. So we showed v1 with no teaser early, and then waited until the teaser went live on Halo’s channels before re-airing the full version that night.

It was actually funny eagerly anticipating the end of each match, knowing what was coming. There were a few of us huddled around my laptop watching the HWC, and people kept coming by us wondering why we were so concerned with a Halo stream :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Alright I see what the both of you mean. My question in itself should have been framed differently, without mention of a “delay”. It was something I was wondering about, and my theory was wrong. Cheers.

No worries. As far as things around preordering/prepurchasing etc. - stay tuned.

8 Likes

I’ve been a part of a few different game forums over the years, but the KI one is the first which I actually feel like I’m a real part of - between the general public and the fact that the people from your team make this a place where I want to read every thread instead of doing quick peeks and taking off again.

The fact that you guys engage us in conversation other than to drop banhammers, have proven that you listen to COMMUNITY feedback (and not just the tournament pros), and seem to genuinely care about the game and the enjoyment of those of us who play it are all big parts of why KI is the first game I have actually attempted to LEARN, and continue to stick around for. It’s not a perfect game (none are) but I have never cared about every single aspect of a fighting game to this level before - community, art, music, and the fighting itself.

I’m looking forward to the conversations to come once the big reveal stuff happens.

13 Likes

That’s a pretty massive sword impalement, with it coming out of the back and everything. Wonder how that’s different from Hisako’s blade? Maybe because it’s a plasma “magical” thing instead of metal, that makes it ok?

This is a great post, and very, very true. Even when someone is really disappointed (as I was re: the stages, and hopefully will NOT be re: Eyedol) they are given a fair hearing and - many times - their feedback is incorporated into the game with enough support. It’s really extraordinary.

Also, so far the stages and music and characters have been GORGEOUS for Season 3. You guys are really rounding into form, and I hope that trend continues.

1 Like

I find some of your gripes to be illogical. His basic gameplay and cluttered stage I can understand, although I don’t agree. Firstly his sword, well everytime I see a sword character they tend to swipe it or stab it. You expected him to be brutish? Well if that was their goal then maybe they should’ve put a Brute into the game, like Tartarus. A species who’s name is clearly indicative of their behavior in combat. The Arbiter is an Elite, and he uses all the same tools and fights the same way they do.

1 Like

You know, I’d still be happy, regardless if it’s Thel or not. IG probably had to bend over backwards to get him! :open_mouth:

Not halo fan. Arbiter is guest. why having a stage. bad s3ason

1 Like

@xSkeletalx Exactly, talk about making mountains out of ant hills. IMO A random Arbiter is anything but generic considering their backstory.