Shadow Lords Early Access Request Thread

From what I understand they’ve already got a lot of community members on board for the beta, been sending private messages & such to gather people. I mean sure it doesn’t hurt to ask, but as much effort as it’s likely been taking to gather names & such my guess is the window to be adding anyone else is probably closed.
This is just my lousy prediction though…don’t take it as the final word.

They’re like Ninjas, they observe without being seen or summoned.

Chances are they know already…

Lemme just be clear here how this is going to work (from what I’ve been told):

The Shadow Lords mode will be unlocked by key codes that IG/MS will be sending out to KI players in waves. All those who signed up at EVO will be the first to receive codes (bwahaha) but after that IG/MS will start sending out codes to the rest of the fanbase. Rukari said on today’s stream that they expect to have over one hundred participants by the time they stop giving out codes.

Now, I signed up at EVO and have been sent a message a few weeks ago about this, so I know I’m already in the running. What I DON’T know is how IG/MS will send out the codes/pick the players from. Twitter? Email? Forums? All of the above? Not sure, but I guess we’ll see.

I’d like to get in on it. I’m not gonna lie, it would be nice to get the VIP treatment once for something like this. I’d put my run of Fallout 4 on hold just to do the Shadow Lords beta. It seems like it would be cool to get to try that out and leave some input.

That said, I won’t be disappointed if I have to wait a little longer. I could’ve sworn though that at some event they said hundreds of players, not just a hundred, like the EVO announcement or something. I mean the one on the first day of pools play, not the Eyedol reveal.

Fingers crossed.

Hello Iron Galaxy bros, I’d like to provide feedback for Shadow Lords!

1 Like

There are times where you (the community) will simply a process that actually takes an incredible amount and time, resources, and people to complete, and other times where you imagine that something rather simple is carried out by the entire combined staff of Iron Galaxy & Microsoft in tandem.

This time things are really simple. Santa Rukari is coming to town with a giant spreadsheet filled with codes. How will he distribute them? Well, I am still working on that, so hopefully lap-sitting is not involved for everyone’s sake.

12 Likes

I would definitely be down for some Shadow lords early access action…

LMAO Im not sitting on your lap! but I do want the early access code. :slight_smile:
I would give feedback on a weekly basis.

Yup, I was right…I made a lousy prediction. :wink:

Rukari Austin ‏@rukizzel 4h4 hours ago
"Do you want access to Shadow Lords early? Of course you do. No promises, but I heard you can submit your info here:"
http://www.ultra-combo.com/signup/

Sorry for beating you to the punch lol

4 Likes

No beating me to the punch. Sometimes I like to trickle information out there and let you all find it on your own!

4 Likes

Oh hell yeah!

fingers crossed, hoping to be chosen

Signed, sealed and delivered.
Tho santa @rukizzel I’ve been on the good list this year …I think.

I work as a teacher - it is currently the summer holidays…sign me up for santa Rukizzel’s list please! :wink:

Edit: Thanks Sonic and Rukizzel - have used the link =)

2 Likes

Thanks for providing the link

My birthday is early September so it would be awesome to check out the mode

A like for a fellow teacher on summer vacation! :wink:

2 Likes

I have a couple questions that hopefully Rukari or Adam Isgreen can answer (I know they are busy these days):

1. Will the shadow lords beta be available for PC players, or only Xbox players? i.e., for people who have both versions but prefer to play on PC, will they need to boot up the Xbox version to participate? Are PC-only players out of luck?

2. Shadow lords is releasing Sept 20th, and we know that patches tend to be submitted 2-3 weeks early (which would peg it early September). To what extent would our feedback come into play for making adjustments to the mode? Are you just looking for kinda major bug fixes/stress testing at this point, or is there enough time to seriously look at feedback that suggests things like “aspect X isn’t very fun, maybe doing Y would be better”?

Probably a good follow-up question to that, if you have a Shadow Lords beta if you switch to playing on PC will it mess up your cloud save?

Maybe it’s better to think of the official release Shadow Lords like the launch of the Seasons. They could probably modify/add stuff as they please if the feedback thinks it’s right.

I would like an early code, if it isn’t to much to ask. Shadow lords is looking great and I would have never thought it would be this big when it was announced back in March.