(Poll added) Problems with stage ultras and how to fix them, plus suggestions

Which one would you say looks the worst?

ARIA’s by far, that doggy paddle falling animation is horrible and the falling is way to long.

Kan-Ra’s is only bad if done from the right side of the screen, it sucks them into the portal sideways and looks awful.

Aganos’ is pretty good but the janky animation when your top half is petrified is bad, especially on characters like Riptor.

Hisako’s is pretty good but it could be cleaned up, overall not nearly as bad as the above three though.

TJ’s is fine.

Arbiter’s is fine.

2 Likes

Let’s keep this thread alive.

I would have liked to see the Arbiter stage ultra tightened up a bit. Make the crashing vehicle ‘smear’ over them a little instead of stopping just partially on the same line as the character’s axis. Move the vehicle more forward or even have the vehicle flip on top of them or launch the character past/through the camera on contact. The collision point looks really weird as the hood of the vehicle stops precisely where the character was once standing and the character model straight up ‘vanishes’. Having more of the vehicle occupy that space might look a little better, IMO.

1 Like

I’d also like the characters to rotate more when falling from Aria’s window a’la KI2’s stage knockoffs. The falling animation looks really unnatural and it’s hard to feel proud of your accomplishment when the animation looks so damn goofy.

1 Like

Now that ultimates have been revealed I can say with certainty that the stage ultras are way better. The stage ultras still need some polishing though hehe.