Official KI Bug Reporting Thread

Yeah I definitely see what you mean. The couple frames of armor hit stun don’t slow down Aganos’ throw animation meaning they are higher than intended so it just doesn’t connect. Should definitely be an easy fix. I noticed it significantly for Thunder and Tj since you had a scenario involving both one that connected and one that didn’t. You can see the pause when the opponent is lifted but Aganos’ doesn’t pause.

This has been fixed for 2.11 - https://twitter.com/TheKeits/status/648669676671635457

1 Like

These “issues” have kind of existed for Orchid for quite some time now so I’m not sure if this has always been intended, IG just doesn’t know about it or hasn’t gotten the time to fix them yet; but these problems kind of make Orchid’s life difficult sometimes. The video below explains all 3 issues in great detail but I’ve also typed them out as well.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=30A2C2E661836D5!104439&authkey=!APcLV7Ds7Ql8P7U&ithint=video%2Cmp4

Issue 1 - Orchid is unable to finish a combo after hit confirming with fire cat into opener rekkas.
Issue 2 - Orchid is unable to finish a combo after hit confirming with grenade into opener rekkas.
Issue 3 - Orchid’s opener rekkas instantly become breakable after hit confirming with grenade or firecat.

Issue 1 and 2 are known and occur for every character that can start a combo with a projectile (Jago, Fulgore, Aria, others). As long as you do manuals, you will never trigger linkers, all your attacks will be openers (but breakable), which means you can’t do enders like normal. If you do an auto-double at any time, then suddenly your combo “snaps back into place” and everything works like normal again. Fulgore and Jago can use this to get really hard to break stuff.

Issue 3 isn’t a bug, it’s just a byproduct of everything being breakable once a special move hits. Grenade and firecat count as special moves, so even if you do links off it, things become breakable. Aria has a similar thing where if you call fireball assist and confirm into, say… medium allegro, you get the 3 hit swipe thing but it’s breakable.

Cinder now has a bug where his Shadow Fire Flash occasionally fails to cash out damage even outside of opener-ender situations. Jago had a bug like this with his Shadow Tiger Fury which was fixed in the latest patch. I found this bug BEFORE patch 2.10 was released, so the issue did not originate there.

Also, I don’t know if this is a big deal or anything, but Kan-Ra’s sand spike spawns a sand trap before the spike with the active hitbox comes out. This leads to many scenarios where if someone interrupts Kan-Ra’s sand spike attack at the right time, this spike doesn’t come out but the trap still spawns. This isn’t a bug or something that really needs to be dealt with, but I always found it odd.

With Aganos, you can do shadow rocks, then during the rocks, you take a chunk, put a wall behind your opponent, and ruin them through it. Shadow ruin is unbreakable (it counts as a shadow ender), but regular ruin is just a special move link that doesn’t trigger “ender” until the wall crash, which means it’s breakable.

I tried counter breaking the ruin as Aganos, and weird things happen. First, you get the counter breaker sound, but no animation plays… Aganos just punches right on through the wall anyway. But more importantly, no counter breaker plays at all even if the opponent tries to break. What’s more, if and only if Aganos tries to counter break the ruin, all strengths of breaker will successfully break the ruin, no matter the strength Aganos used.

It’s… kind of the opposite of a safe counter breaker. It’s a counter breaker that doesn’t work and also turns all break attempts to successes. So it’s… a fail counter breaker? lol

If you’re playing against a human player and you aren’t able to break literally the 1st frame possible, you will successfully break but then crash through the wall anyway (I’m sure the team knows about this one but it’s probably really hard to fix).

More on this here: Rate YOUR most difficult MUs vs Aganos, in order

Hey, Infil posted about it! That means people will listen and it’ll get addressed quicker!

I haven’t played the game since the patch (though I doubt it’s changed), but there’s more to it: http://forums.ultra-combo.com/t/game-breaking-tech-the-ministry-of-silly-jumps/

I’ve had cases where the counter breaker does trigger, but it’s pretty rare. Also, there was a bug that they fixed where if Omen broke it, the game would glitch out into a broken state. Since they fixed it, I think now if Omen and ONLY Omen breaks it, he doesn’t end up flying through the wall. Either that, or the 1-2 Omens that have broken it in Ranked have great timing.

The same applies for his Peacemaker recapture out of a combo breaker.

Heh, I know you’re a little sad about the lack of Aganos bug fixing, but yeah, I’m sure the team’s working as hard as they can. There are lots of bugs I’ve posted that still haven’t been fixed across multiple characters.

I couldn’t get it to work, but I’m guessing the counter breaker triggers in the same 1 frame window where you can break without getting wall crashed. I didn’t mess around with the characters after triggering the situation in training mode, so I don’t remember if they got wacky jumps or whatever, but yeah, it’s weird.

To be honest, I think fixing this bug is really hard and probably unlikely, especially considering how much grief the safe counter breaker off TJ’s powerline has caused them. I think this problem is similar to that, but even worse/harder to fix.

I’m absolutely new here so if this has been brought up I apologize. I’m just wondering why a character move needs a hitbox this size.

When a Shadow Ruin hits, the announcer will yell “one!” as if they were breaking a Shadow Linker.

Aganos’ Shadow Counter doesn’t work against an armored Glacius because only the first hit will connect.

In an Aganos mirror match, Shadow Natural Disaster doesn’t hit 5 times on block like in every other matchup

If Aganos Shadow Counters ARIA’s knee from a distance that isn’t point blank, it will only hit 4 times for seemingly no reason.

Glacius’ Hail causes hit stun on Aganos between rounds.

You should probably post this in a new thread if you want it to gain any attention. Just about nobody would class this as a bug.

Glacius’ hail causes hit stun on every character between rounds. Not a bug. If anything Glacius players should be complaining because if we’re in Instinct, the hail will hit and actually remove 1 of the 5 hits of armor between rounds but no one is complaining about that.

It’s removed Aganos’ armor as well, though I’m not sure if it still does. If it doesn’t, then they never put into any patch notes. Though, even if it does hit everybody, I think it’s still a bug. There was that nonsense where Maya could do an overhead kick between rounds (which they fixed), and the nonsense where Kan-Ra’s Shadow scarabs would remove all of Aganos’ armor between rounds (which I think they fixed?).

• Another old one, but I don’t know if I’ve put it on the new forum. Aganos’ armor doesn’t work on the first frame of his Shadow Counter. This means that if he Shadow Counters the 3rd or 4th hit of a Shadow move, the 5th hit can knock him out of the startup.
  • The projectiles from Aganos’ Heavy Payload Assault don’t build meter for Aganos nor his opponent on hit nor on block. Shadow Payload Assault doesn’t build meter for the opponent on hit nor on block. I doubt these are intended.

Not that it matters. You can’t use all 5 hits of armor during Glacius’s instinct. People have suggested removing the counter.

Few Bugs I have noticed:

TJ Combo instinct might not activate at times upon death. Usually happens online while they are burned from Cinder.

Cinder pyrobombs having no hitbox upon detonation (happened a few times when someone jumped while detonating)

Also, no star given after 2nd month of Top 32.

Hey new here just thought i’d post my findings from this latest patch.
In this video there are either 2 bugs or a bug or an undocumented change.

1. Sadira’s Shadow blade demon no longer activates placed webs during a shadow counter (During my testing it looks like this is a 1 time bug. In training room, In my attempts to duplicate this the web would activate. I’ll do more testing later.)
  2. Sadira can be comboed by a character (only tested with Jago) while he is directly in the web. During my testing I have found that only starting a combo with F.Hk would let Jago stay out of the web. However this combo in particular would keep him out I think it has something to do with his manuals, because doing auto doubles in my testing would activate the web getting Jago stuck.

Heres the video showing the two “bugs”:

Would like some replies to see if anyone has experience this problem or if these changes were intended.
-Tswagg

Well, you can use all 5 hits, but you don’t have enough time to generate a 6th, so in that way, the counter doesn’t matter.

(15 seconds of instinct time, 5 hits, 3 seconds regeneration time, so even if you get hit the very 1st frame possible each time you generate a new shield, you will not have enough time to get the 6th one)

I’m fairly sure the counter was a holdover from when they were balancing Glacius in testing way back in Season 1 and they were adjusting the timer/number of hits. There was probably a point where the counter mattered, but they were just too busy to remove the counter when they changed the balance.

When I try to access Exhibition or Ranked,it says “Privilege denied” “Unable to access feature/mode. Please check your account settings and try again.” What happened?