My KI drawings and whanotnot

AHHH YES so glad to see you back here!! Your work has always been top notch–great posing, sense of color, and subtle texturing. I love the narrative behind a lot of your pieces as well–that Jago one is really dramatic. You’ve got some real talent for sure! :>b

These are Awesome, Killer, and Godlike KI drawings/artworks man :grinning: :smiley:

Back again! Happy to say I’ve finally got a XB1 and by extension, KI. (Yes, I was a YouTube Watching Scrub. Now I’m just a scrub)

Anyhow, here’s a little something I’ve been working on. I actually started this back in, gosh… October/November? Lost steam b/c I had little to no good references of ARIA, but yeeee, I can get my own screencaps. Now I just need to actually buy ARIA, haha!

I have no clue how I’ll color this or what, but all I will say is thank the Lord for whoever came up with the foresight to give Manga Studio 5 a symmetry tool. XV

8 Likes

Fulgore Wifu comments incoming!

1 Like

Cool, but isn’t that photoshop?
I’m not much of a painter on top of layers, I love to get crisp lines n paper, then scan in work for digital manipulation. One day I’ll test maybe environments with painterly technique.

Which PC are you using?
I do use iPad for simple color layouts, and know many love iPad for start to finish work…

What are you submitting for the KI CUP

Nah, it’s Manga Studio 5 (or Clip Studio Paint as it’s also called. Long story). I use it to draw these days, then do postwork/touchups in Photoshop (like color adjustments, textures, etc). It just looks like PS because I have the workspace color scheme set to ‘Dark’ than ‘Light’. Easier on my eyes!

I used to draw on paper and scan stuff in, but our good-at-the-time scanner broke. Was too lazy/broke to get one, so I switched to digital. I still break out the good ol’ pen and paper once in a while, though… been meaning to get back to it, especially since I’ve got Copic Markers (aka the Ferrari of traditional art supplies where markers are concerned) that still need to be used. D;

Otherwise, I use a basic desktop PC. Nothing terribly fancy, but it’s got good RAM and I can run PS and MS5 without both programs lagging to heck like they did on my laptop (that I primarily used for 3 years). That was nice to finally see a difference in performance, haha.

As for the KI Cup… oh jeesh, are they still taking submissions for that? I was debating whether or not to submit Fulgore and ARIA when it’s done, but I’m thinking it might be a little too… out there for most people, so I might touch up the Jago and Omen or Maya and Aganos drawings a little and submit one of those instead, time permitting.

ARIA: Fulgore’s girlfriend, mistress, master, queen, AND lady-boss
Fulgore: ARIA’s worker, slave, pet, bodyguard, AND ■■■■■-whipped boyfriend
:wink: :smirk: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

FANTIC! That mouth came from you about Fulgore??? EXPLAIN YOURSELF BOI!

4 Likes

Weeeeeeeell… I’d be lying if I said I didn’t ship ARIA and Fulgore even just a little bit. XP

(I mean, why else would she have a veritable harem of them in her office? Hehe)

3 Likes

Did I read this right!? FANATIC!

YOU DID NOT JUST SAY THAT LOL :laughing:

3 Likes

I knew you would say Something like that related to that Wifu comment i said

1 Like

I added my own Orchid sketch to artwork.
Although I’d love another approach, it’s what is canon so…

I am waiting for Kim Wu release to do a female group shott

2 Likes

Now THAT I cannot wait to see soon enough :smile: :sunglasses:

I’m wishing they’d reveal Kim’s new design sooner rather than later, because I’ve got a bunch of KI-related ideas to do in my spare time (working on an original graphic novel r/n) and a good amount of them involve Kim Wu. D;

2 Likes

Yes as a lot of my updated works include Kim as well!
I really hope it was a good artist concept that translated well to 3D design.

I wonder why there was no ultra fan book for season 2.

1 Like

Cool! Neato! Awesome! Can’t wait to see it real soon :smiley: :grinning:

Because I like y’all a whole lot (and because I don’t want to post this during Tumblr’s dead zone hours), here’s the ARIA and Fulgore piece, completed. It, uhhh… stands out from the last few, and while I do plan on submitting it to the KI World Cup art showcase, I think I better fix the Shago one as well (since I was going to submit that, too). D;

12 Likes

Wow! awesome!!!
ilove it
All i can hear is that whirring when aria switches formation!!! lol

lmao, no, that’s just the different colored plating on her chest. XV

1 Like