Mods for PC version?

If a womans body, or her expressing herself offends you, then dont download one of my mods. Puritanical regressives really make me mad.

I can make you a coverall potato sack mod that will remove all body details and make them completely androgynous if that helps you not be triggered.

8 Likes

the mod topic, irritates me a lot. Are years that ask some things to IG, would be sad to see the mod with these things … and see them only on PC. I hope that the IG considers the idea to formalize the mods best and bring them on xbox one, instead of informing us about a possible ban due to this topic.

[quote=“Beterthnyu, post:103, topic:7301”]
If a womans body, or her expressing herself offends you
[/quote]A purely fictional character cannot express herself.
Don’t mistake taste for ethics.
And I have no interest in starting an argument about which is which. All I will say from here on is you are mistaken about my comment sir, and please do not let it dissuade you from figuring out how to mod the game.

2 Likes

Could be the three Shadows that the Shadow Lab requires you to fight upon creation of a new Shadow. Names like “Fightatar” and “BrainTrain” suggest that the feature went through various names during development before they settled on the Shadows branding. The “Fightatar” analogue to Forza Drivatars in particular is pretty lol.

Ok, meshes are extracted now. Now I will spend tomorrow trying to work some mods back into the game.

2 Likes

Since the music in the game is dynamic would replacing themes be as simple as as just replacing the audio file or is there more to it as a result?

Yeah, that brings up a good point I wanted to mention.

The stage music is split up into about 50 different sound files that get cued at different points. So they can be constructed in game. They are all stored, per level, in a bnk container. They are called xxxx.33. Same for character sound packs, ui sound packs, and announcer sound packs. Once you extract them from the .33, then you have to trim some garbage from the header so that its a riff again, and you can convert that to wav or mp3. I wrote a few scripts to do all that for me. So now I have clean wav packs of all of it.

As to your question, all sounds are scripted in some various xml files, and other data files masked as xxxx.55. I’ll try editing those data files to try to switch the level music tomorrow to see if there are any checks against it.

Big Booty Orchid is so close I can feel it :slight_smile:

My kid is already complaining about Orchid.

Don’t get her more excited! … (…or me).

1 Like

[quote=“rukizzel, post:90, topic:7301”]
we’d rather not have people doing something unsupported.
[/quote]I don’t understand. As far as I know, Capcom did not announce that SF5 mods are supported. Companies almost never support or endorse mods, so what are we saying here? Furthermore, Phil Spencer did say the UWP as a platform will support mods. The PC gaming community is not expecting MS or IG to support or endorse mods, just to let them be like Capcom or Netherrealm would do.

Killer Instinct Central has been a source of KI news and information for a very long time. If we are not allowed to discuss modding here, I propose we move this conversation there:

It’s pretty simple guys. These are the official forums. What they’re saying is they themselves do not support mods. What that means is that if X player puts in a ticket for support because his/her game has stopped working due to a mod they tried to apply they can’t provide support in fixing it. Hence it stands to reason they can’t allow tutorials for such unsupported material to be posted on the games Official forums. This does not mean they are not allowed, it means they’re not supported.

I work in IT and we have devices and software that we support, these are what we recommend to our userbase. However if they want to use something else we don’t prohibit them from doing so, we simply cannot support such devices or software if something stops working for them. This is made clear to them before hand. It’s common practice guys. And trust me when some 12 year old kid sees the awesome orchid retro and screws up the process of applying the mod he/she is going to try to get support from where they got it from. If it’s from these forums that means there’s a good chance it’ll be IG/MS fielding that call.

5 Likes

Man, these models are really…wonky? I made a lot of speculations about why the characters looked so… not great on this board, and now that I have access to the models, I see I freaking nailed the problems.

I have retro orchid loaded up now, and this mesh is a mess, no wonder it looks bad in game. How did this pass as game ready? If you just do a simple profiles check the curves are pretty bad.

She is roughly 25k polys, which means about half of those are completely wasted because of the poor mesh layout. This character could look amazing at the same poly count if it was done correctly. Wasted poly budget here.

And I have posted on this board in other places, the transparency is in fact done all wrong.

PLEASE IG LET ME REMAKE THIS MODEL FOR YOU FOR FREE!!!

I mean, what is going on with the profile of her upper body here? That is not how a chest looks for sure.

Smooth it out like this and make it look natural. With a natural shape, you dont even have to exaggerate her size to make her look good. Here is a reference to my mod mesh:

And why does her face have NO detail? Makes it look really odd. And on top of that the normal map is completely blown out and looks bad when you try to cover up a lack of detail to this extent. Leave some detail in the mesh.

Mod face. Leave some detail in the mesh, so that the normal map doesnt have to do so much work.

Man I look forward to modding this game more than ever now, because it really needs some work, and I look forward to making it look amazing.

I am working my orchid into the games skeleton now. I so bad want to get my models in this game.

21 Likes

Good to know progress is being made! MY GOD THAT ORCHID MODEL! :laughing:

2 Likes

I’m hoping that someone figures out how to impliment the models of all the characters into Garry’s Mod :smile:

2 Likes

Please Lord have IG/MS bring on my man here to fix these models. Even if he was brought on as a consultant to show the in-house guys the ropes…

I don’t know how kosher it is on these boards but you might as well set up a ‘donate’ link on your stuff like infil did.

I wonder, are the S2 and S3 modesl similar ‘messed up’ in your opinion? S1 was all Double Helix and IG just had to pass on what they were given. If S2/S3 models are ok (they seem to be just from the naked eye) then we know it was more of a Double Helix problem and IG has their quality issues handled. This seems to be the case, just from the outside looking in

REALLY hope the game lets you write in new files into the file folders, since that seems like an early sticking point. Did you get anywhere with the Aganos flower mod?

3 Likes

I would really like to see a true retro for thunder. I’m native American and I’ve always liked how he looked. Sure he kinda aged like milk and everone gets offended by literally everything now days but it’d be nice to see

5 Likes

All hail Lord Beterthnyu! He is in fact better than me at modding, I only managed to play around with Nifskope on some Skyrim meshes, lol. I hope MS/IG are not arrogant and accept his offer to clean up the character models.

1 Like

Already started on that :wink: Im focusing on Orchid first, but he is next.

I removed the images so as not to clutter this thread. I’ll make a new one in a little while.

2 Likes

Yeah, season 2 and 3 are the same quality.

You can see that with the Tusk and Kim Wu models. Tusk and Kim Wu have the exact same problems. especially up close.

I look forward to making awesome season 2 and 3 mods as well.

I freaking worshiped KI 1 and 2. I have the arcade machines in my house lol.

It would be a dream come true if IG would let me help straighten these models (even if its just these retros) out in the game. I would donate my services just to help better KI and keep its legacy alive.

17 Likes