Mods for PC version?

Welp, I guess that solidifies the fact that they dont want mods happening at all.

Oh well.

False - that solidifies the fact that we’d rather not have people doing something unsupported. Big difference.

4 Likes

Which is…modding?

So your saying mods one day be supported?

Then what’s the path to go about getting this “supported”? Is that something you all are actively working on or not?

Well, I guess since I am only allowed to state results here, and we are not allowed to work together at all:

I have been able to now extract all sound files from the paks, decrypt them, and then convert them over to mp3. So now I can just listen to all of them in Itunes, which is cool.

Now that all character sounds and stages music are taken care of, time to move on to meshes…

I guess I really need @rukizzel to clarify… am I even allowed to post something like the above?

1 Like

Well… Look’s like of we want tutorials or anything such as, we’re going to have to migrate, So, in that logic, are we allowed post links to the dicussion/tuturials there, or could we link to accounts involved in posts are make our way to the tutorials that way? Or are we going to have to search through Google the hard way?

Well, they have all of the combos and exact frame data scripted in here. Thats good info to know.

1 Like

You shouldn’t be doing anything that doesn’t involve proper Orchid KI 2 retro.
Get busy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Lol, you are right about that.

I have just about got a model to cooperate with my exporting it.

I am going to do something simple as a proof first. Going to replace aganos’ flower that he puts on the oppenent with something else.

If that goes well… KI2 orchid will be for sure making her first appearance. That it my first goal for sure when i get this figured out.

Ok, got something changing so far. Can adjust the global lighting and post effects. Going to fix the terrible lighting a little here in a minute.

Yes…we must see her nude butt sticking right in your face every time a match starts. :unamused:

This is more like now wanting to get in trouble so they are playing it safe. If it is confirmed to be allowed,then they will let you. They are just playing it safe.

If a womans body, or her expressing herself offends you, then dont download one of my mods. Puritanical regressives really make me mad.

I can make you a coverall potato sack mod that will remove all body details and make them completely androgynous if that helps you not be triggered.

8 Likes

the mod topic, irritates me a lot. Are years that ask some things to IG, would be sad to see the mod with these things … and see them only on PC. I hope that the IG considers the idea to formalize the mods best and bring them on xbox one, instead of informing us about a possible ban due to this topic.

[quote=“Beterthnyu, post:103, topic:7301”]
If a womans body, or her expressing herself offends you
[/quote]A purely fictional character cannot express herself.
Don’t mistake taste for ethics.
And I have no interest in starting an argument about which is which. All I will say from here on is you are mistaken about my comment sir, and please do not let it dissuade you from figuring out how to mod the game.

2 Likes

Could be the three Shadows that the Shadow Lab requires you to fight upon creation of a new Shadow. Names like “Fightatar” and “BrainTrain” suggest that the feature went through various names during development before they settled on the Shadows branding. The “Fightatar” analogue to Forza Drivatars in particular is pretty lol.

Ok, meshes are extracted now. Now I will spend tomorrow trying to work some mods back into the game.

2 Likes

Since the music in the game is dynamic would replacing themes be as simple as as just replacing the audio file or is there more to it as a result?

Yeah, that brings up a good point I wanted to mention.

The stage music is split up into about 50 different sound files that get cued at different points. So they can be constructed in game. They are all stored, per level, in a bnk container. They are called xxxx.33. Same for character sound packs, ui sound packs, and announcer sound packs. Once you extract them from the .33, then you have to trim some garbage from the header so that its a riff again, and you can convert that to wav or mp3. I wrote a few scripts to do all that for me. So now I have clean wav packs of all of it.

As to your question, all sounds are scripted in some various xml files, and other data files masked as xxxx.55. I’ll try editing those data files to try to switch the level music tomorrow to see if there are any checks against it.