Mira Tech Thread!

If your high/low fails, don’t worry! You’re setting them up for high/low/left/right. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Doesn’t the game auto block for them in that situation though? I haven’t tried using that myself but I know with Aria if someone is blocking her assists you can’t high low them, the game auto blocks it.

No, you can definitely mix them up this way. I’m been doing this as well as going straight back into scythe in matches and it’s been working.

If you need to regain life, her back Hp command normal is great to get close and leaves you at +5 right next to the opponent to go straight into light embrace.
You can also do shadow bats dash in then do it from a fair distance this is great if you are desperate for health regain.

2 Likes

The game doesn’t auto block high low unless they both hit at once. If you are stuck in blockstun it will auto block left right but not high low.

This is also only if you remain stuck in blockstun throughout. If there is a gap where you are free to move then there is no block protection.

3 Likes

Man this thread is freaking amazing. :heart:

Corner pressure!

Get them to block B+HP. You can do this terrible little setup:

B+HPxxLight Bats>HPxxLight Bats>B+HPxxLight Bats>HPxxLight Bats. Works against most of the cast.

If they attempt to jab after blocking the B+HP, it will whiff since the bats make Mira move backward a little bit. They will eat the bats and you can confirm a manual into combo. If they attempt the jab after blocking the HP the same will happen. If they attempt to jab after the bats they will eat the HP or B+HP since bats have a lot of plus frames on block. You’re basically tossing her most plus stuff at them in a loop.

You can do the same thing with just B+HPxxLight Bats about twice before the timing gets wonky. HP drags you back in a little bit and keeps the timing reasonable.

Also random tidbit - if they block St.HP you can get crouching jab to come out in 1 frame, and if they block that too you’re +2. I usually do medium or heavy reaping at that point.

5 Likes

B+HP is easily shadow counterable though (the same as Maya).
Plus jab will wiff if you bat after, but not some crouching kicks. Once the opponent gets used to it, it will be hard to pull off.
Or then cay just shadow move too, or even throw depending on the cast (kyle cpu dit this to me)

Of course - it’s like anything else, you might get smacked in the lips for it.

I wouldn’t suggest running any setup on loop, no matter how good it is.

mira is able to do double manuals. from what ive seen (and appears to be), opener > hard linker reaper > cr.LK > st.LK > combo

1 Like

Anybody know for sure what her most damaging counter breaker lock out combo is? I have done some testing and it seems her heavy linker does more damage than her doubles. Can anybody chime in and confirm this as I just want to check that i’m not imagining it.

Someone posted it in one of the threads on here, maybe this one (and I have tested it to confirm) that her most damaging meterless combo seems to be( light manual xx heavy reaper linker) x2. Doing this off a j.hk opener immediately into counter breaker nets 70% with a reaper ender. If you are in the corner you can instead use blood seekers ender for a wallsplat and follow up with a heavy embrace to do 61% damage and regain all the health.

For one meter you can end in shadow reaper for about 72-73% and for two you can use shadow blood seeker and then shadow reaper for 78%. As others have mentioned spending shadow meter doesn’t really pay off mud combo so you would be best off finding better uses for it.

2 Likes

I agree with this sentiment - that’s actually a really good part of her design IMO. With Hisako I usually save meter for damage enders (unless the MU dictates I need to use it otherwise); but with Mira, the best uses of her meter appear to be outside the combo, which is pretty freaking sweet.

her shadow EX bats are really good, i havent played since wednesday cuz i been busy. gonna hit the lab this weekend if i am able

And after a standing hp manual you can manual any light or her mk and i think crouching mp if I’m remembering the frame data right. Though, good luck not having a standing hp manual broken.

1 Like

Two chance break combo with counter breaker: https://youtu.be/NX0upiJRuwo
Silver-neutral variant: https://youtu.be/VbiPrSdPlOU

Working on a 100% combo off a counter breaker (breakable after the lockout) but the first variant I made isn’t dirty enough, working on another but may upload that one instead if what Imakes working on doesn’t work.

2 Likes

Her best damage lockout is this. Never use the shadow damage ender at Level 4. Only adds 3% damage.

2 Likes

Fun little use of mist, if you get it on someone and are willing to spend two bars on pure blockstring to get the potential damage to build up then you can get around 60% one chance break damage, with the overall damage reaching around 70% if you count all the chip they eat blocking for that long. Though keeping them in blockstun long enough for that to build up requires you to do a ton of time wasting, easily shadow counterable normals and specials but still, if your opponent has zero meter and your willing to try it it can be very fun.

That’s the most damaging combo, but not the best. It’s barely more damage than HP double > HP reap > HP double > LK bite > reap ender, and puts substantially more black health on her.

3 Likes

That is a nice find, for the record doing that variant does 67%, and about the same amount of silver health as an air dash or a mist (which I estimate as doing around 5.55% silver). However, the combo I mentioned only builds approximately 18% silver which is recoverable in one command grab (approx 28% for all versions) so it isn’t too bad if you’re doing okay on silver. You can also end it in a wallsplat and embrace to gain more silver than you spent and still do 61%. Of course, you could do your variation into the same ender and probably do about 55% but gain a substantial portion of silver health back.

Additionally, if you are wanting to spend extra meter to do a bit more damage you can do the light manual variation and then do shadow bats into shadow reaping (it doesn’t do much more but if you were wanting to ensure you got a kill).

I think all of the mentioned variations will have different uses, it is good to see a variety of options in a counter breaker situation and have a character that needs to choose the right combo for the moment.

1 Like

Don’t credit me for the find, that one was infil :stuck_out_tongue:

After playing more online I think that even more than the damage she does to herself, one of mira’s biggest weaknesses is going to be her AA. 2HP has a good hitbox but it’s so low to the ground, it often ends up beat out by or trading with their jump in. MK bite is good, but only if you spot their jump very early. Otherwise it’ll just get counter hit by whatever they jump in with because it doesn’t have full invincibility. Playing vs omen and sadira, it’s hard to keep them from going nuts in the air, and most characters have some button they can press when they jump that makes her life miserable.

1 Like