Mira Tech Thread!

The range is really only marginably better than her regular throw, which isn’t great. You can tick throw by doing jump in j.HK > c.LP (which is +2) > LP bite (not canceled, obviously, but timed), or set it up after a block HK drill, which is also +2. Both of these setups will basically guarantee that if the opponent tries anything that isn’t throw invulnerable will get caught by the bite.

Thanks for the tips, I’ll try to keep those in mind and let you know if they’re working out for me.

I’m also pretty confused about whether there’s much combo potential after her back-HP command, I didn’t feel like that was easy to use as an opener for a larger combo.

Mira might end up being my May Challenge character, so I want to try to pick up tidbits ASAP.

You can do a cr.lp manual after b+hp connects. Then continue further into combo afterwards

2 Likes

Thanks! Did I mention I’m not a “tech” guy? lol!

1 Like

Maybe it is a bug, but I hope it isn’t, being able to use two un-shadow-counter-able reapings in a single blockstring is so much fun!

Anywho, here’s just a short video I made for the bug thread but I’ll post it on here as well.

2 Likes

More stuff:

• As much as it feels like it makes sense that you should occasionally be throwing in drill and bite linkers to make it harder for the opponent to just look for the more damaging and easier to break scythe linkers, I found I was less successful when I tried that. My linkers were still going through at about the same rate, but I was often losing out on the absurd damage boost that a scythe linker will give you immediately after a lockout. Even if you do get broken more often it really feels like it’s worth it to press the issue with scythe linkers as much as possible, because the damage is so huge.

• Like I thought, shadow bats is definitely the best use of her meter. On hit you have a MASSIVE window to manual whatever you want, including jumping moves. On block, you’re nearly as plus, and can go right back in for another high/low, OR you can go for a basic 3-way airdash mixup–crossup j.hk, empty jump over low, or jump forward airdash back with whatever for a fake crossup. It’s one of her best tools and it’s actually a relief that it costs you shadow meter, as you’re not paying precious health for this strength.

• 2MK xx HK bite seems like a good idea but there’s a serious issue with it. If it counter hits, your opponent will be kept in hitstun long enough that the grab will whiff through them, leaving you open for a punish. If you’re going to tick by cancelling into HK bite, stick to 2 hit normals that won’t be affected by counter hits.

• As other have said, MK bite is a good anti-air. Its range is good, its hurtbox is small, it’s fast, and like all her raw bites it fills up a big chunk of her black health. Given the choice between her highly damaging 2HP xx HP scythe recapture AA and her MK bite, if she has enough black health on her I think MK bite is going to be a better option in most situations. More health = more fun!

• Speaking of more health, if you’re not careful it’s very possible to ■■■■■ up and end up with only a single instinct per match. Keep that health topped up. Any character can have their health bar obliterated for making messing up badly, but when mira messes up badly her failure stings especially badly.

One small bug I ran into, not sure if anyone else had this happen, was that two or three times her recapture left them standing much further away than normal, and trying to follow up with doubles would just whiff.

1 Like

Corner combo tech i saw on a vid (cant share vid due to firewall)

LP bats > trephine > bats hit > after bats hit stun > cr.FP manual > reaper linker > wallsplat ender > EX bats with immediate instinct cancel > instinct bat hits after EX bats do cross up mist J.FK > cr.MK manual > bite linker (or whatever linker you want) > Reaper DMG ender.

combo will go past the 70% damage mark. as to the health currency of this tech it’ll be pricey, recommend you do it when your victim is on his red bar and you are on your green bar. this should be somewhat more difficult to break than your run of the mill combo i suppose. its quite flashy, but as to its viability and if its necessary remains to be seen.

another thing that i began thinking about and this mindset had came upon me during my day 1 session. i began to think upon having the opponent reaching his red bar, that my own green bar suddenly became its own resource for me to spend at my will without worry of trying to get it back. as you all know, the commentators from the tournaments weve been watching always say “hes on his green bar, hes getting free damage right now”. think about it, you’re wrecking their last bar, and you’re on your green one still. you can blow it all up and kill them outright if it goes well…or play it safe and continue to sustain

Can you not use numbers and edit it for us who don’t understand it

214mp = QCB + MP.

as bane said previously in another post, look at the keypad on a keyboard.

2 = down
1 = down/back
4 = back

it threw me for a loop as well

Oh my ok so this is way more technical then maya.

What should i work on first with her?

always start with the basics. learn her normals, learn their ranges so you can be confident in the neutral game. then you start doing her combos and learn the timing of her auto doubles, manuals, etc. learn the ins and outs of her command grabs, her bats, and of course her shadows. just start basic, then start to build it up from there. also of course learn her wallsplat command grab follow up with the FK variant. after that play with her instinct mode and its buffs. always start from the ground up with a new fighter

Im not worried about that basic stuff. I work my way down.

You sure its lp bats i to lp cannon strike maybe im just bad

it looked like LP bats, it was hard to tell since the guy doin the tech had his life regen on. try medium bats > light cannon, or light bats > medium cannon

Ok that mira throw combo video im having a hell of a time i get the sweep bats fome out hard punch and i can’t seem to get close enough to grab before hp bats hit

More i play i feel theres some sort of lag on my tv

Is there a use for shadow reaping? It’s not invincible despite the much smaller hitbox compared to the animation. And it doesn’t cash out for jack. It barely does more damage then the regular reaping ender. At lower ender levels it’s not even a full percent more

Ok i cant do any this technical stuff mist cross ups air dashing mist in genral bats and throws

Someone pleaee create a rountine of combos i should ve doing im so lost with her

Shadow reap is just a bad use of meter imo. Shadow bats and shadow bite are way too good to be wasting meter on small damage boosts. You can sort of AA with it but honestly you should just go for MK bite or recapture.

In a bit I’m gonna upload a video of what I was talking about with shadow bats earlier.

It’s crouching only.

Mist cross up stuff will be needed later once ppl catch on to mira. Dont go and try the real advanced stuff yet. Just utilize it in a simple way for now until you get muscle memory on timing. Try throw bats, j.FK > mist > cr.mk > comBo. Maybe that’ll work, I’m not at home so I can’t try yet. That shouldn’t be too difficult.

As for your tv check settings for a gaming mode assuming it’s a smart tv with badass specs. I know my Samsung led has it. My bro once turned gaming off and I lost a dozen matches straight. I couldn’t break, dropping combos, missing manuals, you name it. I thought “wtf, did everyone just get so good in the 72hrs I didn’t play or do I just suck” lolol. Found it was off, turned it on, and bam. Back to win streaks and causing misery in ranked.

If your high/low fails, don’t worry! You’re setting them up for high/low/left/right. :slight_smile:

6 Likes