Mira Tech Thread!

Nobody mentioned this yet. You can do a 96 airdash to do a minimum height box dash.

For those who don’t play anime games that’s Up-Forward then Forward. You can’t roll the stick like Blazblue, but it’s doable low enough that you won’t cross over. It’s pretty much the way to set up ridiculous Marvel style offense.

3 Likes

Some early notes:

• Instant air dash seemed really hard to do at first, for some reason. I didn’t feel like there was a height restriction, but regular animay input (9~6 input for forward IAD or 7~4 for back IAD) wasn’t cutting it consistently. Spent a good 15 minutes just watching my inputs and testing timings and found out there actually needs to be a 66 or 44 input in there. The input needs to be 9~66 or 7~44. Maybe pad players won’t actually feel the difference, but if you’re playing on a stick like I am, you’ll have to input 9 and then roll down to 6 before allowing the stick to go back to neutral and inputting a 2nd 6. This way it comes out 100% of the time, and there is actually no height restriction at all <3

• c.HP > 214HP seems like a really good AA option as it isn’t breakable, is very reliable to hit and get us a free any strength manual after the recapture (even if the light manual is kinda situational because of the spacing… most times it is possible to walk forward and use s.LK, but that can also whiff).

• 214MK is a really good AA option as well. Very fast startup, very reliable as a reaction go to AA, great hitbox and a lot of active frames. Heals for a lot of recoverable damage and if the opponent quick rises we have a free s.HP meaty timed for us, to begin pressure.

• HK drill is amazing to get in. s.MP > HK drill hits from like half screen away and gives us +2 pressure on block and any strength manual on hit (the frame data ingame tells me the move is supposed to be +4 on hit, yet I can get heavy manuals easily… I’m guessing it isn’t accurate).

• 214MP and 214HP are both -4 on block (thank god for that, no free 50/50 pressure), so bear in mind they’re jab punishable by most of the cast. the MP version doesn’t advance as much though, and spaced correctly should be basically safe (max distance s.MP > 214MP seems mostly safe). Can’t seem to get any manuals after opening with either of these.

• Mist form seems like our go to wake up tool, fully inv since frame 1 and very hard to punish or OS because of all the variations it has (neutral recovers much quicker, back and forward travel quite a lot, any upwards direction travels less). Thank god it eats up a lot of health, otherwise it’d be pretty damn broken xD

• air normals cancel into Mist form. This is delicious. So many possibilities. Air to air j.HP > neutral Mist form > air dash forward gives us an ambiguous meaty j.HK if well timed, air to air j.HP > down forward Mist gives us a meaty s.MK from behind the opponent, air to air j.HP > downward Mist gives us a meaty s.MK from the front. Instant air dash > j.HK > neutral mist > j.HK gives us a double jump in opener from a good distance away, same but with down forward mist travels behind the opponent for a grounded follow up.

• Best counter breaker damage combo seems, oddly enough, to be CB > LP manual > heavy reaping linker > LP manual > heavy reaping linker > reaping ender. These linkers are very slow but stupidly damaging. Tested doing j.LP opener > instant CB and that combo and got 69% meterless damage with a clean health bar from the training dummy. It’s ridiculous, actually xD on the other hand, ending with shadow reaping only got me 2% more damage, so it’s definitely not worth it. It’ll be a huge risk to break Mira when she can net 65%+ for free from the CB alone =X

• Wall splat ender > Heavy command grab will be our best option whenever possible, to get a good cash out and heal for a lot of potential dmg. Alternatively, shadow command grab as an ender always guarantees the maximum heal even if it’s a level 1 ender, so it’s something to keep in mind in case it’s needed.

Need to get some sleep now (6AM over here in Portugal xD) but I’ll report some more stuff when I have a bit more time to lab it up. Haven’t experimented with the bats and shadow bats yet at all, and there seems to be a lot of potential there as well.

Really loving the character! =D

7 Likes

You don’t need to do manuals, you can squeeze in the light punch doubles instead and it’ll still end before they can break.

3 Likes

Can Mira dash cancel bats? I was testing knockdown set ups and I simply mash dash during the bats but every now and then she would send out just two bats instead of three because she was dashing out of the animation before the third one would come it. It was really inconsistent and only randomly happened. Not sure if there was a mechanic I’m unaware of here.

Here are some good ways to get damage and regain health in the same combo from the juggle ender. Not sure exactly how viable these are yet as they are day one combos. The ideas are there though to adapt as you wish.

The main idea i’m trying to convey is self sustain combo’s in which you regain the health you lost causing the damage in the combo, as I think that might be the best way to play her. As long as you don’t get broken that is.

9 Likes

Ok so I figured it out. After a normal throw, if you do medium bats you’re free to do whatever you want after the second bat. You can dash, jump, simply walk out of it, or even do a second special move. Here’s some set ups I’ve been working on

Throw > M. Bats > Dash forward > Mist through > Bats hit as you cross up.
Throw > M. Bats > Jump forward > Air dash forward > Cross up HK > Bats hit as you land giving you a huge manual window.
Throw > M. Bats > Dash forward > Standing HP (hits super meaty) > Bats hit after your attack giving you a huge manual window
Throw > M Bats > Crouch > Heavy/Medium reaping > double/linker> Bats either hit after your first double/linker or they’ll keep you safe if the reaping is blocked.

I’m sure there’s a ton more stuff that can be done with this but that’s just what I came up with after finding out how to do it.

5 Likes

Speaking of 214MP/HP, considering how valuable momentum is for her and how much damage she does meterless I’d say that any meter you’re not using on shadow counters should go into shadow bats, either to keep your turn after a blocked high/low or to get in or to convert from fireballs that happen to connect in mid range. It’s such a good move, I got toooons of mileage out of it in my set just now.

1 Like

Nice writeup, a few quick notes:

1. Reaver is not jab punishable as although it is -4, KI frame data lists startup frames THEN active frames (whereas many other games including street fighter list the first active frame as startup) so a jab or throw (including embrace) happens on the 5th frame. It is DP punishable still.

2. KI has what are called manual cancel frames, which is where you can cancel the last few frames of certain moves into a normal attack (the number of frames being move dependent). So heavy trephine possibly IS around but only for specials, movement, etc whereas actual buttons will have more advantage.

There’s some good tech in this thread already, will be good to see how it develops.

2 Likes

very good post! but what do the numbers mean? 214HP, 214MK, etc?

Think of a number pad on a keyboard. If you are facing right then 214 would be quarter circle back.

2 Likes

You get more damage out of the manuals, though. 2% more, if I didn’t get something wrong =P

Crouching light kick is such a bad normal. It’s -5 on block

1 Like

Ah, damn, I had no idea of either of those!

I really dislike the idea of having an auto high/low mixup that’s safe on block against most characters =/ but I guess having it so vulnerable against shadow counters and taking quite a big chunk of health should make the -4 okay. And thankfully I don’t think we can get any manuals after reaping openers, except from a recap.

About the manual cancel window, that explains some stuff! xD thank you!

@R1stormrider: what @MBABanemobius said. 2 = down, 1 = down back, 4 = back.

@DEClimax yeah, I was thinking the exact same thing from just looking at her shadow moves. Seeing as how she’ll never need shadow linkers to stack up on damage from a lockout, and since her shadow reaping really doesn’t give us that much more damage, I’m guessing 90% of the time I’ll want to use meter for shadow counters, shadow bats and the occasional shadow embrace in case I really need the guaranteed life gain.

@SithLordEDP that’s a pretty neat discovery, but it really sounds like a bug xD I highly doubt they’d make M bats cancelable exclusively after a throw! Best not get used to using it, IMO ^^

2 Likes

One thing I’ve been implementing with her is on lock out, you do the opposite from a normal character during lockout. Instead of light linker into heavy Auto’s, been using medium or heavy bite linker so I can pretty much gain as much health back and still still go for the damage ender as supposed to trying to build the KV up only to do hardly any damage but still get about the same amount of health back if you go with the qcb +HK ender.
Managed to get a Perfect in Ranked with her using this method.

1 Like

Lots of good info being posted! Yesterday served as a time for me to get acquainted with her and see how the land lays.

-her normals are good and have range. St.Mp for me was useful if I saw opponent doing a slow attack. It also makes for a good poke it seems.
St.Fk is also very good since it’ll push her forward, and also has good range, Mid screen distance. We all know cr.mk is an absolute must in the footsy game. Other posts have covered her other stuff. Neutral jump Fp rocks, makes for good whiff punish

-I also enjoyed doing her mid air mist cancels for cross ups and feint cross ups. It costs hp, but you’ll get an opponent that is confused and pushing buttons. Have bats in the air and it gets worse for them.

-mira has some strong corner pressure. Meaty lp bats, her 50/50 reaper slashes, and mist to dodge their attacks can really cause havoc. If they jump, we have AA options. If they’re grounded, we have many tools to open them up and then wallsplat > bite.

Is anyone else struggling to land LP bite outside of combos? I feel like every time I attempt it I whiff, even if the other player isn’t jumping/dashing, unless our characters are physically inside each other.

Granted this is from ~ 6 games of Ranked only, but I lost at least two games because I couldn’t land LP bite, then got too engrossed in trying to land HP bite because of the pounce aspect.

I was also struggling to continue combos after Triphane linker occasionally, I’d get my AD after and then Mira would stand there like a fool refusing to do another Triphane linker. I plan to try to use the Reaper more in combo and see if that helps.

Did a bit of a quick check on her hitboxes. A few things to note:

• MP embrace in theory is an excellent AA, it turns out. On top of what I’d already noted about it’s quick startup, great range and plenty of active frames, it completely erases her hurtbox from the waist up from frame 1 until end of active frames.

• c.HP puts up a wall of hitbox above and ahead of her, and it follow the arm’s movement, and not the blood, so it’s actually quicker and better than I thought. These two together should really give Mira great tools to keep the opponent from trying to hop around too much.

• j.MP should be an amazing air to air. 7f startup, huge hitbox above and ahead and then extends forward a bit and disappears above her head. Not that many active frames, but it should be great to neutral jump and cut off opponents that like to act like flees around our heads (I’m thinking shago j.HP spam or predictable cross up attempts from any other character). Mist should also solve this, but it costs life.

• s.MP is really just as awesome as it looks xD 8f startup, huuuuge reach and only -2 on block, in case you just want to poke with it.

1 Like

I didn’t even try landing lk bite much, the range is worse than hisako influence range. The time I did land it, I used it as a meaty on opponent waking up with a block. I’ll do the Fk variant over it most of the time, tends to catch victims by surprise. I’ll tick throw it off st.fk at range too

Late edit: holy ■■■■ does mira HURT. Yesterday I landed a 95% damage combo on an opponent. All it took was a lock out, instinct cancel, 1 meter for shadow trephine, heavy linkers with heavy AD (during the lockout) and shadow dmg ender. Lol, I think I may have counter broken but can’t recall.

1 Like

The range is really only marginably better than her regular throw, which isn’t great. You can tick throw by doing jump in j.HK > c.LP (which is +2) > LP bite (not canceled, obviously, but timed), or set it up after a block HK drill, which is also +2. Both of these setups will basically guarantee that if the opponent tries anything that isn’t throw invulnerable will get caught by the bite.

Thanks for the tips, I’ll try to keep those in mind and let you know if they’re working out for me.

I’m also pretty confused about whether there’s much combo potential after her back-HP command, I didn’t feel like that was easy to use as an opener for a larger combo.

Mira might end up being my May Challenge character, so I want to try to pick up tidbits ASAP.