Eyedol vs Shago: IMHO funny

I had this match and thought I’d share. Not the best Eyedol play in the world, partially because my controls were messed up, but I thought it might give all you Shago haters out there a good laugh.

5 Likes

That spam XD

1 Like

Holy crap did you hit yourself to put yourself into hitstun to avoid the annihilation? That’s pretty sneaky. Then again idk why that guy went for annihilation instead of just ending the combo and killing you.

No I was still in hitstun from his combo he instinct cancelled. I hit myself afterwards. Still that might be worth testing out.

I love eyedol! He’s so fun and brain-dead lol. I’m sure it’ll get harder with him when everyone figures out his BS. But in the meantime, all of this salt is hilarious! Lol

2 Likes

lol

Man, that retro Eyedol is probably the best retro in the game.

So far I haven’t had any trouble with Eyedol playing as Jago. Balanced characters are probably a poor match up for Eyedol.

But all props to beating Shago’s skull in with that grab at the end!

1 Like

Especially at the end of the first life bar Eyedol was GOING IN!! lmao

1 Like

The electro-counters to the dive kicks were especially satisfying to watch :slight_smile:

1 Like

as a shago main watching that v-triggered me so hard. Does the shago player not know how to block? And Shadow Fireball in the air? Wat?

Anyways enough being salty, that raging demon SHOULD have connected. But maybe you were still in hitstun by the time it ran out. the only way you can combo into demon as far as i know is surge footdive, that medium auto-double screwed it up. By the time you did the Head switch demon was over. Still test it out though.

I went back and looked at it in slo-mo in replay and that’s exactly what happened. I was still in hitstun from the combo before he popped instinct, which is why it didn’t connect.

id still like to know if switching heads is a way to counter demon. Then again jumping up or pressing a button would do the same thing but its still nice to know.

There is no way to combo into it.

I tried a few times with my son as the guinea pig (shago) and every time I tried annhiliation still connected. My guess is punching yourself does have recovery frames but doesn’t create a hitstun.

Man those guess breaks lol. GGs though.

Pesky fly… I beat beat beat! :slight_smile:

There is no way that grab would have landed. It only lands on a supreme while the opponent is in Danger Mode. Other wise it is NOT a Ender.

Yeah, I guess I did guess break a bit there. Jago/shago/omen’s “round the world” auto-double string tends to throw me off. Usually I tend to guess break early as a means of noticing a trend. Often times players, even in Killer rank, tend to use the same combo string over & over with very little variation, and will continue to use it even after you’ve figured in out. Also I take into consideration broader trends, like it’s a safe bet playing someone in Killer rank that starting off they’re either going to go for lights to switch things up quickly, or heavies to maximize damage before the break, and will rarely use medium auto-doubles. Stuff like that kinda makes it more of an educated guess break, I guess you could say.

Plus I occasionally mean to hit one thing and hit something else instead because of a brain_fart. :confused:

Trust me, you can combo into demon.

little tip on Shago’s around the underworld, the optimized string is Strong,medium,strong,shadow, shadow ender on a lockout. If you see someone trying to cheese it in outside of a lockout, you have my blessing to break their heart.