Eyedol Discussion & Poll (unique)

I’m just messing with you guys, btw. :stuck_out_tongue:
The designs of the past games were very “of their time”, to say it politely.

4 Likes

I’l just drop it here… lol, Eyedol looks like a pearl near these 2.

3 Likes

I bet that thing itched like a *****

Art.

Fuzzy diapers make the best barbarians.

That’s what the poll mentioned so I made a comment there. Which I can honestly answer that said choice because I have played KI2 but I also think Eyedol would make a great addition to the new KI.

Its a lot more than nostalgia. Since day one a lot of us have been fighting for all 15 original characters to make a return.

4 Likes

I want him back just because I love the character, he’s a giant two headed monster who is summoned from the void by Ultratech and is being controlled to fight against his will. There is so much that could be done with him, he’s a gold mine of potential lore and story elements. I am a huge fan of old stop motion cinema monsters and Eyedol personifies that trope perfectly and in a lot of ways improves on it, he’s just cool as heck.

I don’t want him to come back exactly as he was, I want him to be reborn with a new coat of paint but still retain the two headed beast persona. His moves don’t matter, I don’t care if he’s cheap in KI1 because this is a request to bring him to KI3. Everyone was reinvisioned as would be the case with Eyedol. I just love Eyedol and I want to learn more about him, I want to expand upon his character(s) and give him a chance to be more than just some poorly designed boss in an old game that everyone thinks they hate.

4 Likes

Eyedol should (and I’m personally assuming will, based on a hint in the leaks) come back because he’s basically the only other character that hasn’t, and it satisfies the nostalgia of the fans, which is why the series even returned to begin with. Yes, he was terrible. However, this game is KI redesigned. Just because he sucked before, doesn’t mean he has to now. This is the chance to MAKE him cool. I’m looking forward to it.

Also, he was the boss of KI1. He’s not in KI2. That’s Gargos.

1 Like

I was thinking of what Idols Instinct could look like. Not exactly sure what gameplay traits it could have but at least visually, his instinct could be that his two halves separate (magically/energetically) into two individual beings.
They mechanically still play like an singular character but animation-wise they work together, combining and alternating movements to perform special moves, combos, etc. It’d obviously be more animation work than a regular character but I think it could potentially look real good.

Well most folks I talk to like the idea of him being a two stance character, one per head because KI doesn’t have a character that uses that archetype just yet. His instinct could use traits from both stances so you don’t have to choose, or could be regenerative like his old health regen stomp move. Maybe instead of health he could regen meter or instinct when stomping instead since Jago already steals health in instinct.

unless ya count Riptor but with Eyedol I imagine he can go MUCH deeper

1 Like

I wouldn’t really call that a stance, I’m talking like two movesets between the two but yeah Riptor is the closest we have to a stance character.

Oh wow dude, way to hate on the veterans. Take a look at KI’s original roster, most of them look dumb by today’s standards, and compare them to DH/IG’s updated versions and tell me they don’t look amazing. Tell me you don’t wish that other childhood characters would get this chance to get revamped and updated?

5 Likes

Can’t do a worse design job an they did on Omen. I don’t want him in the game but I’m not gonna go trolling around the forums bc other people like things I don’t like.

Eyedol has a Billy club, and is a two headed cyclops. I mean… how is that not awesome!

3 Likes

many people won’t understand how important EYEDOL is to KI if they’ve never played the original… EYEDOL is actually more important than Gargos is… He is one of the best FG Bosses ever created, if you’ve ever fought him you’d agree… his rush down combos where soo viscious, in my opinion, it makes Gargos moves look cheesy, as far as horrible design, I always thought Riptor was a disgrace, the original spinal and thunder also… yet look what we have today… three of the very best character designs ever… Spinal for sure, Thunder’s a huge improvement, and the tech design of Riptor is near flawless… an argument of his design being silly or terrible is ridiculous unless people actually believe they would design an exact replica

4 Likes

I said this in another thread, I think it’s worth repeating here:

Also…anybody complaining about nostalgia like it’s a bad thing…KI exists solely due to nostalgia. They could have come up with an entirely new IP that had nothing to do with any fighting game prior, but they dug up a near 20-year-old franchise instead because fans had been begging for it for years . Nostalgia is the driving force behind KI’s existence, so stop knocking it. I mean seriously, there’s only like a handful of things they could glean from the originals at this point, & none of it is really game breaking…Ultimates, Eyedol & Gargos…maybe Humiliations (though doubtful…I think Rash’s taunt is the closest thing to those returning)…that’s about it. So why gripe about people wanting them? After these few meager scraps left, it’s nothing but new horizons, & everybody wanting all the shiny & new can have the shiny & new.

2 Likes

Hey, that is such a good point! The whole game IS nostalgia.

There would have to be a considerable potion of this community who were drawn to the game initially due to nostalgic reasons. I know that’s the case for me!

1 Like