Community Survey POLL NUMBERS 💟

LOVECRAFT CHARACTER HYPE YYYEEEEEII BBOOOIIII!!! omg its pretty much confirmed! i wonder what it is. are they going full tentacles on us, or will it be some dapper gentleman that explodes into horror.

hey man, the shago thirst is real.

1 Like

I really wish people saw Adam’s ideas before voting against The Agent

Way ahead of you here. I think I mentioned in the old forums I already have a design for The Agent if we ever get to do it.

Essentially has 4 categories of ability at 3 levels: Agility (jumping attacks), Strength (melee hits), Guns, and Explosives.

Starts really weak, but every time you successfully hit the opponent,
orbs fly out and you level up your abilities over time by collecting
them. Essentially, you only have access to the equivalent of light
specials at first and weak jumps, but as you level, you get access to
medium and heavy ones, ground pounds, etc. His heavy powers hit HARD.

Focus on one category first, or spread out – depends on your opponent and play style.

Wish +1: Include the Voice of the Agency as an announcer.

Note: THIS IS ALL SPECULATIVE – I can dream too, right?

5 Likes

Which survey are you talking about? Wanda’s or the one on ultra-combo.com?

The real one. From the developers.

See also http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EldritchAbomination

Lovecraft is at the roots of a lot of modern horror, similar to how most high fantasy can be traced back to Tolkien. It’s a philosophically deep genre of horror, often a capable lens even for inspecting philosophical and scientific topics, e.g. this take on evolution.

I should track this post down.

That wasn’t done on purpose. In fact, I didn’t even notice it happened. Unfortunately, when using the MS Edge app on the XB1, whenever you bring up the reply box on these forums, the console’s virtual keyboard covers it up, and the cursor on said keyboard bounces between the box, the keyboard, and the browser - it’s all really bad. Sometimes, something I typed ends up somewhere else, like in my post where I quoted you above. Your quote was supposed to be YOUR quote, and not a joke in the slightest. You can tell it was a mistake, because the 1st part of your quote shares a lot of similarities to the beginning of my post under said quote. It did the whole bouncy thing and I simply didn’t notice it well enough to go back and fix it like I usually do. So, read the quote in it’s original context (i.e., what you actually said), and it will make a whole lot more sense - I was merely stating that what you had said was no longer true (Joanna Dark being on top, due to more recent votes that put her at 3rd or even 4th on the list at the time of my post). :wink:

1 Like

A rushdown glacius would be great!

werent marathon and descent first true 3d first person games?

Descent was one of my favorite games. Marathon and Descent came out in '94 and Doom came out in '93.

i want chtulu as a character :slight_smile:

if i’m goin lovecraftian
goin all the way baby :slight_smile:

also want a marilith character with a proper slither (so continuous slither forward and back at the reverse of the stick, with no pause; have the animation just rotate back on itself how a snake does). A snake man (Yuan-ti) would rock as well :slight_smile:

A demilich would be hilarious (yes, a floating skull) :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Regards,

Sanjay

1 Like

ya but doom faked 3d
descent and i think marathon were actually 3d

at least descent was for sure.

Descent was definitely true 3D, but I’m unsure about Doom’s 2.5D vs 3D.

I want the male, but with legs. He could have a tail to whip with though, but I prefer if his entire body wasn’t like a snake’s.

1 Like

Medusa-like is my vote.

Gorgon. The term you’re looking for is gorgon.

I know, but most people don’t know what a gorgon is. Which is why I used “Medusa-like”. It just invokes a better image for people who never heard the term gorgon.

Even when you have a picture of it right above your comment? :confused:

Also people need to learn to google things.

There weren’t many pictures of a gorgon that wasn’t explicit, but also showed the lower body, and had a bow. Those were my requirements for selecting the picture.

This one would have worked, but I felt the tail was a bit too large.

1 Like

Gotta say, I like where the votes are going :slight_smile: with two exceptions:

1. Wow no one likes playing Cinder apparently. He was a close second to Maya for me and I put more time into him.

2. Where are the respect taunts, guys? Come on.

1 Like