Arbiter In Killer Instinct tease

No, no. I mean why they said “time travel is dumb” But I like time travel.

Oh, in that case Ken claimed it was a dumb excuse to justify an Amazonian woman and a Barbarian man joined the roster.

My guess is they designed them and put the roster together and everyone at the boardroom were like, “how do we fit this into the story?” - “I know, time travel!”

To be honestly, I really like time travel in KI because time travel can be interesting for KI3’s story! I know they didn’t make KI3. Remember TJ Combo’s ending in KI2/GOLD? So, I always imagine TJ Combo changes past and future in KI3. He fight Fulgores army future and Ultratech rule world in future! But I’m very sad because they say “Time travel is dumb”… WHY!

To me,the KI1 cast going to the past created an alternate future. That alternate future is this game.

Wait… What If TJ Combo really change past, but not future? I mean real TJ Combo with eye patch change past because he think past can stop Gargos and ultratech. But he were wrong.

Whoa! My comments make me blow mind!

Said it before, I’ll say it again:

No guest is canon. We wont attempt to justify them in the lore.

10 Likes

Well not necessarily dumb, it’s just that time travel is an extremely sensitive plot element. One mistake, and the entire story is thrown out of whack and not often has this been done perfectly. In the case of KI2, it did feel more shoehorned in and had plenty of plot holes.

I mean WHY is there a city and an industrial warehouse when it’s supposed to be 2000 years in the past?

1 Like

But Rash was justified in his trailer. He got bored of doing speed runs and was transported to the KI universe on a new mission.

2 Likes

Rash can break the 4th wall. The Arbiter can’t.

1 Like

If you watch anime, its kind of like what fillers are to the main canon.

Yeah I kinda see Rash as a character similar to jim carrie’s The Mask, so its naturally apart of his style to be wacky and 4th wally. As for arbiter he is a very serious character with serious motivations so hopefully that remains in tact.

No reason it cant, Kan-Ra has been opening portals everywhere - being sucked into one shouldnt change his personality much.

The portals that are opening could connect all the different universes bringing characters thru from them. Then having to beat gargos to get home.
The KI guys could come thru them onto rashs and arbiters stages.

Well, unfortunately no story mode for guests then…

There still could be. Just not one of any consequence to the actual story.

1 Like

I hope there is. Would be very neat, imo.

I’d love it if Rash’s story mode was a 4th wall break fest

Exactly. If honest im not even sure Hisakos story is canon lol

I had to pull this quote because it’s so dead on. The guest character that KI fans would like the best is an interesting but almost meaningless discussion. The purpose of the guest characters is to bring non KI fans to the game.

7 Likes