Am I the only one that thinks Fulgore is Eagle?

I think what they are trying to do is erase the fact that they did not make S1. Those of us who have been playing from S1 know this, but new players not know that they did not make S1. If they redo the entire story, then they can get rid of all traces of double helix and what they did in S1. I think this is why they brought Eagle out of nowhere.

I don’t think IG has a problem with the S1 characters, but they don’t like to be reminded that they did not make the first season.

I think that would be understandable…I mean if a guy married a girl with a kid, and he raised the kid like his own, I would imagine he wouldn’t care for people constantly pointing out that he’s not the kid’s ‘real’ dad…

This is incorrect, and doesn’t play at all into the story development or anything else. If we wanted to “erase” DH from the game, why would we, for example, keep in a Fulgore skin with a DH logo on its chest, which we went and made sure to get permission was OK to keep in even after they were bought by Amazon?

Please stop this conspiracy. DH did great work on KI, and we all wish them the best.

KI 2013 was a reboot, not a sequel, to the arcade games, as I’ve said many times before, and we (both MS and DH) said many times once it was revealed. If you heard “direct sequel” then you weren’t hearing correctly or someone misspoke.

We chose narrative elements that we liked from the old fiction and ditched the rest.

7 Likes

Honestly, the semi-retcon makes sense to me. KI has done a good job of both acknowledging the old games and also reinventing their events, but one thing they’ve stuck with is that there have been multiple generations of Fulgore, each mass-produced. So there’s a point where “he’s an Eagle cyborg” starts making less and less sense. Having it be that Eagle was brainmapped and a copy of him was turned into an AI not only makes more sense as Fulgore keeps getting replaced, but also gives a possible happy ending to Thunder’s story that never would have really worked before.

I apologize for the statement then. I do not mean any disrespect towards any IG, DH, or MS staff that works on now, or that did work on this game.

I guessing what I am trying to understand is why rewrite that story and the end of the season 3, and not and the start of season 1? Why rewrite it at all, other than stories about the new characters and how they got there?

They went out of their way to preserve fulgores head when tusk chopped it off so the unique identity it has inside of it makes the mass production irrelevant as that one fulgore is special. Sadly they decided to keep eagle as his own separate entity which is a shame as I feel it cheapens the depth of what could have been a cool robo cop man inside of a machine story. Now hes just a copied brain pattern ala ultron which is less interesting imo than eagle losing his body and being forced into slavery.

When you have a cast of ~26 characters like we will by the end of S3, keeping a consistent narrative, especially one in which the characters have something to do with each other’s pasts, becomes crazy difficult to not add anything as we go. We try to minimize that, but it doesn’t always happen!

6 Likes

I really do understand that trying to keep stories for 26 different people would be a real hard task. It would be hard to write stories when you are not sure how long the game will last.

To me the story is part of the game just like the stages and music are. I purchased my X1 mainly for KI “also for Dead Rising 3”. I just want to see KI be the best game it can be, and the story is part of that.

Again I mean no disrespect towards IG or DH

Don’t feel like you have to keep apologizing. It’s all good.

I care a lot about the story in KI, and it’s been fun/challenging/frustrating to make sure it all moves forwards accurately.

Calling us out when stuff doesn’t make sense is totally fine - like I said, it can be hard to keep track of it all, even for us, especially because there’s stuff from the arcade games in there, but some not, so it’s hard to have a “clean break”.

Honestly, in hindsight, it may have been better to just ignore the arcade games all-up in terms of story and start clean. Didn’t happen though, so “pardon our dust” as we get it all consistent. :wink:

5 Likes

I’m guessing that would probably mean Eagle also would have no reference to Thunder’s original design…cultural insensitivity & all.

If you guys do bring in Eagle, I did have one question/suggestion. I understand that these guys are Nez Perce, but perhaps some of their accessory sets could represent other native American tribes around the country? No I’m not just saying this to get a faithful retro Thunder…but perhaps an accurate Mohican outfit complete with roach headress, or perhaps Sioux…

Basically, I believe. Most fighting game stories are crap because it’s really hard to justify a storyline that can have a big bad and lots of problems and world-threat while still have it revolve around two or more individuals in single combat. Consistency, purpose and plausibility are nigh impossible to pull off, regardless if it’s an anime game or a Western one.

Unless you’re Injustice. Then you have a universe to pull from whose basis is basically incredible and exceptional individuals being the key points and catalysts anyway.

1 Like

Remember when you said something like " if we make s3, Tusk and Kim would be in"?

Well, this is as good as confirming Eagle for me :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Like I said earlier today - I’m feeling Eagle in my bones.

Not sure if Season 3, but I feel that he’s coming.

1 Like

Yeah that to me all but confirms we will be seeing a playable Eagle in this game at some point.

A bit off topic but it still amazes me the way the guys at MS/IG interact with us on this forum. I am not trying to sound like a fanboy a** kisser but I have just never seen something like this before and it is awesome. I followed MKX since the day it was hinted at via a picture posted on Ed Boon’s twitter of a van, all the way until release and even after and nobody from NRS interacted with us on TYM the way these guys do.

To just come on the forum and give us all these details as to how and why they handled certain things from the characters to the story so casually is just awesome. No offense to Capcom, NRS or any other game studios but they all should be taking notes. This is the kind of relationship you should have with your community!

4 Likes

Not only capcom or nrs. IG/MS it’s unique in this aspect among the rest of the communities I have stayed.

Best in class

4 Likes

Agreed 100%. No other studio that im aware of is coming close to MS/IG when it comes to KI lol

I have a growing suspicion (which Adam has just made stronger) that we may see him very soon.

1 Like

I just want to point out that my guess regarding the next character was kinda close. Raam is pretty punchy. Hes a little more stabby than I thought, but he is only slightly kicky. I missed how stompy and huggy he was though.

Please save eagle for another time :frowning: #WhensEyedol

Actually I said that when I got my KI artwork book I got that before I even got an XB1