About Eyedol's design and the struggle to redesign him

lol

“With the last release of Nintendogs, you’ll have access to the fan requested fox terrier, gran danese, pitbull, and of course, Eyedol”

2 Likes

I’m a Kaiju fan, and as such, pretty fond of Harryhausen’s work. I think that’s the appeal if Eyedol, even if it’s a redesign, the appeal lies in the fact that it’s a tribute to classic stop-motion cinema. They have a choice, either keep the character as a tribute to stop motion, which could be a challenge but it’s doable (make the character shifty, like a moving statue with erratic uneasy movements) or they can take the easier approach and base it on modern interpretations of Minotaurs, with the legs spread and charging a lot, which I would also be fine with, just swap out the head for Eyedol’s heads and give it a mace.

1 Like

perfection has been achieved

1 Like

Guys Eyedol is in the game cmon now. Adam said it was tough to redesign him but they got through it and yea im pretty sure he is in. IF Arbiter is in looking like that Eyedol is BOUND to be in as well. Its a full circle :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Wait they found the solution to the Eyedol design problem?

I’m not saying he said he is in, I am just saying I have the strongest feeling that he is possible in S3

I think that more than likely he’ll be apart of the community fund, if not, he could be the boss for season 4. Just because his original design was a horrible one, it doesn’t mean that they cannot make him into a spectacular character. I have full faith that IG can do it, it’s just a matter of their time and resources which we as a community, can definitely add to.

1 Like

I Know he’s not in, I was asking if they did find a solution to Eyedol’s problem so they could rail him in.

Come on we know that they more than likely put him in, he’s been requested a lot and they’re trying to keep hush hush until they reveal him to get more hype. It would only make sense but if not no harm no foul.
(p.s. All I’ve said is mere speculation don’t take too seriously)

1 Like

Of course they found a solution

I would gladly toss in some money to help fund Eyedol’s creation if that’s what it is going to take to get him in the game.

1 Like

IMHO a good source for inspiration for Eyedol’s design would be DOOM barons. Especially since the new DOOM trailer came out & one of them stole the show at the end (not to mention DOOMguy’s legs)…I doubt too many people will be saying the satyr design is goofy. It’s not what it is but how you use it that counts. I mean if you took Spinal & as a concept you cited an old Disney black & white Haloween cartoon & declared that a skeleton would be goofy…then yeah, a skeleton in a monster movie game is kinda silly. But that’s not what they used…they used Jason & the Argonauts & Pirates of the Caribbean as a means to put meat on them bones. The same idea should be used with Eyedol…don’t just brush off KI history & say it won’t work. Find a way to make it work, & I’ll guarantee he’ll be as awesome as the rest of the cast.

1 Like

ALL of the original designs were terrible, period. Yet they’ve taken them all and remade them into something awesome.

2 Likes

That’s honestly a matter of opinion. Eyedol’s design, especially for the time, was rather impressive. I really feel that the biggest source of hate for eyedol isn’t so much the character design, but the fact that the boss was incredibly cheap & had a limited moveset compared to other characters, so even if you did unlock him as a playable character, he sucked because he was awkward & incomplete. But none of that stems from design, & says even less about his potential for awesomeness.

1 Like

Yeah, honestly the majority of the hate even from guys like Ken Lobb were because the character was cheap. What they don’t’ realize is that the fans are in love with the character, not the moveset.

3 Likes

Not all Ken Lobb fans hate Eyedol.
I’m walking proof (sitting & typing actually, whatever).

LOL! To each his own I suppose. Design wise, he’s uninspiring to me. As others have already mention, even Ken Lobb thinks the same of him. To top it all off, the guy only had 2 moves, LOL! I personally think that he was simply KI’s answer to MK’s Goro at the time, but he really wasn’t fully fleshed out. Don’t get me wrong, I would love to see Eyedol in his retro form, but I know that IG would do so much more with his redesign. I love the concept of Eyedol being in the game, but I’m more so looking forward to how IG will improve upon his gameplay and aesthetics.

1 Like