A vampire for season 3

Why not both? We could have the monstrous version as his normal skin, and a “human” version as his retro before he went all Castlevania!

I think a vampire could fit the cast very well, but how about an hemomancer?
It’s basically a mage who can control blood. I imagined someone like Glacius who can attack from a long distance, using his hands he can suck blood from the target, he could also manipulate blood the way he wants.

A fusion between a vampire and an hemomancer would be very interesting as well.
Long distance = turns into an hemomancer.
Close distance = turns into a vampire.

Make it a vampiress and I’m in. Female vampires FTW.

2 Likes

I think a lot of people have a vampire on their list and I’d personally like to see one as well.

In not a huge fan of the monster vampires. I wouldn’t mind a sort of “Dmitri from Darkstalkers” situation wher you have a human that turns in to a demon-like form (perhaps in instinct, as has been suggested).

Though I wouldn’t want a strict Victorian interpretation with the red cape and what not. I’d like to see them find a slightly less well-worn interpretation.

Perhaps something that’s a mix of Victorian, modern and steam punk? I’d also want to see a character that utilizes what he is, so bats, mist, blood drinking, charms… I’d want this to be a character with a lot of tools and even little touches within his/her moveset that bring out their personality and emphasize what they are.

How about this, it’s only human when it has drank enough blood for the body; but once it becomes thirsty, the body will look all grey and thin and the vampire more monstrous looking. For me I prefer monster type vampire…

I had a similar suggestion on the old forums. Give the character a blood meter. When
it is low, he is old and withered looking. When about half full, he looks like a normal human, then at full meter he gains more monstrous features. Not too monstrous, with him still mostly resembling a human. His move-list and properties change depending on his state. He is more keep away with a lower meter to protect his weakened state. He becomes closer to rush-down with half meter, with a well rounded move-set. He just bullies others at full meter. The blood/essence absorb mechanic should be balanced and managed properly. Some moves use up this meter, and when you don’t have enough meter for the move, when you use it, you are left in a vulnerable state. If you try to absorb and it gives you more than your meter can hold, then you have a blowout, damaging your health. Different strengths absorb different amounts.

1 Like

I got the perfect vampire-type for KI right here.

1 Like

Sorry about the last thread. I couldn’t figure out to make a quote reply out of this new one. The old one was better.

Why not make him a rush down if he has low blood meter? That way it’ll make him thirsty and desperately chase after the opponent for blood but his attack dmg is low til his meter starts to fill.

1 Like

Someone from the old forums drew a sketch of vlad tepes

Defending it’s frail body. There will be moves that it can employ to gain meter at a reasonable distance, at least at low meter. How can it rush and beat ■■■ being all withered. It uses it’s abilities the best it can to work around it’s frailness. Self-preservation. Think of it keep away, but also a tricky character, getting inside your head and charming/confusing/outwitting you, until it gains power to dominate you.

Vampire should look like this

1 Like

So a zoner type like kan ra; except sand and bugs he has some sort of black magic or mind control? Something like if u try to do dp u actually walk forward or do a different action from the vampire’s influence which gives it a chance to take blood while under it’s spell for a couple of seconds. Each spell wants u to do a certain action which manipulates u closer to the vampire.

1 Like

Yeah I think this makes a lot of sense actually. A relatively low damaging grappler while low on blood. The command grabs are used to fill his blood meter and maybe regenerate health when the meter is full. On full blood he becomes a higher damaging zoner with bat projectiles and other tools like a teleport for example. Instinct is obviously full blood meter.

2 Likes

It is actually a very good idea and makes sense

2 Likes

In regular form he can be pale, well dressed, slim fitted and classy looking. In Instinct mode, he should get extended teeth and red piercing eyes, a little larger or taller messed up hair and phasing capabilities. I also think he should not fight like Sabrewulf or Omen. I would prefer he carry a walking stick or scepter and use that to attack with as well as using his bite for command grabs

There are a lot of great ideas for IG to take from this thread!

Why not a dhampir?

He or she can possesses certain powers from other types of vampires.

Dhampir? I don’t want sexy and handsome vampire. I want BAD and BRUTAL vampire.

Combine both the Vampire and Gunslinger tropes that people want in one character.

1 Like